Banner at the bottom of app switching screen

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by markb1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. markb1 macrumors newbie

What does this Facebook banner mean? This is the bottom on my iPhone screen while switching apps:

IMG_3042.PNG

I also see a Facebook logo in the bottom left corner of my lock screen. I can use it to launch the Facebook app, but I can't make it go away. And Facebook isn't supposed to know my location while the app is not running. It seems to have started after updating to iOS 10.

2. username: macrumors 6502a

It's AI predicting what app you want to use next based on your location. Facebook doesn't know your location, the phone does.
    You can turn of certain location based services in

Settings> privacy > location services

3. markb1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, ok. So now that you mention it, I recall this happening with the Starbucks app when am near to a Starbucks. That's actually kind of convenient. And it's a lot more obvious what's going on. But suggesting that I launch Facebook whenever I'm home seems like something has gone awry.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

How to turn off this message on task switcher

5. Dukeie macrumors newbie

Dukeie

I believe it's suggesting you use facebook because you use it a lot at home at that time of day. If I remember correctly that how it works.

6. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

It's not just location based, but time based too. Perhaps you tend to check Facebook regularly at that time?

7. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

I get the same banner with Infuse at bedtime, since it knows I use the app at the same time to fall asleep with (the wife snores a bit) ;-)