Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Base rMBP

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
I picked up the base model Retina MacBook Pro when it came out, and although I really love it, I plan on selling it. I recently went on a trip, but I wound up not bringing it because I thought it would be too big and heavy.

I currently use it as a desktop replacement at home, and 15" is just a little too small, so I'm thinking of going with a 13" MacBook Air and a 23-24" external monitor, that way I get the best of both worlds.

I haven't sold anything on EBay or Craigslist in forever, not to mention that we are talking about a $2000+ device. My rMBP is in mint condition, and I have all the original packing with a leather case. What price would you recommend I list it for, and where should I try to sell it?

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Craigslist, here.... on Craigslist don't take checks, or money orders. Cold hard cash only.

edit - Avoid eBay like the plague, too many horror stories and they take out a huge chunk of your sale.

Last edited:
Comment

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
London
I picked up the base model Retina MacBook Pro when it came out, and although I really love it, I plan on selling it. I recently went on a trip, but I wound up not bringing it because I thought it would be too big and heavy.

I currently use it as a desktop replacement at home, and 15" is just a little too small, so I'm thinking of going with a 13" MacBook Air and a 23-24" external monitor, that way I get the best of both worlds.

I haven't sold anything on EBay or Craigslist in forever, not to mention that we are talking about a $2000+ device. My rMBP is in mint condition, and I have all the original packing with a leather case. What price would you recommend I list it for, and where should I try to sell it?

I have a 13" MBA that im looking to sell... maybe we could do a deal?

Comment

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Ebay is fine, you get paid by paypal. Make sure to specify in the post that everything is in mint condition

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.