baseband version 02.30.03 and can't use YellowSn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sepandee, Mar 23, 2009.

1. sepandee macrumors regular

The iPhone Dev Team says:

I got my iPhone on Friday. At first I had no idea what's what. I just wanted to add this program called Battery Info that I found online, and it was because of that that I learned that I need to jailbreak the iPhone, what the hell is Cydia and Installer and sources and all that.

But I still don't know everything. All these terms like baseband version, ipsw, what actually QuickPwn does, etc. are all foreign. All I know is that the first thing i did was connect my iPhone to my laptop and run itunes, and I know I used something called quickpwn to jailbreak my iphone. And now in settings is says my modem firmware is 02.30.03, which I'm guessing is the NO NO baseband version, right?

So what do I do now? How do I go about using yellowsn0w?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, thats the big No-No version of the baseband, if you wan to unlock. However, for jailbreaking, your baseband version matters not.

For more info, look at my signature and click on the link that directs you to the iPhone World sticky. Read everything and you should be set. Also, PM me if you have any question.:)

3. miles8888 macrumors newbie

OMG - I just did the same thing.

It's 2am and I'm in China, where I've been using my iPhone 3G. It was acting very slow, so decided to start from scratch. Somehow in the process I screwed up and now Modem Firmware is at 02.30.03

Is this really un-unlockable? Wow, I just screwed myself very bad as I NEED the phone in the morning.

HELP !!!!!!!

4. sepandee thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it's unlockable. I know it's not what you want to hear, but what can I say...
    Get a gevey plus2 SIM. Supposedly they're ok.

5. miles8888 macrumors newbie

Wow.....

OK, I'll deal with it. I use my phone about 50 times a day here....

I'll get any SIM unlock card I can find here in China tomorrow first thing in the morning.

How do they work, just go in between the regular one and the phone? Do I need to do anything, or does it automatically unlock?

Worst case I buy a new one then sell it again, and take mine back to the US and continue using it with ATT.

Ouch...