Bass Guitar Rig too close to iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacBassPlayer, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MacBassPlayer macrumors newbie

MacBassPlayer

Hi,
    I've been rearranging my house and the only place that my bass speaker cabinets will fit is right by my computer desk. I have 2 cabs stacked (a 4x10" speaker cab and a 1x15" cab). They top cabinet (4x10) is horizontally level with my mac and there is only about 18" between them. Will this cause system damage? Each cab is rated for 400 watts rms(not that I put that much into them) so they are designed to handle a lot of power=big magnets.

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

Maybe I am a speaker geek and am on a few speaker building threads. Long term and enough power could possibly do damage. Long term you will qualify wheter the magnets are powerful and close enough is another queastion.

3. MacBassPlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

MacBassPlayer

Alright. I just really don't want to screw anything up.

4. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

I used to have 2 floor standing speakers next to my PC (before I got a mac) for about 11 years without it causing any trouble at all. It's been stated before that if you had a magnet capable of destroying a HDD, your more immediate worry would be it'd be strong enough to pull the car across the street through your wall

5. MacBassPlayer thread starter macrumors newbie

MacBassPlayer

Alright. I was just being safe. Nothing else makes the day great like having computer problems.