Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Seems like some of you are racing through the game really quickly...

Does it have enough content to actually justify a purchase, or should it maybe just be a rental for a slow weekend?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^Its a buy, this game is not one of those beat em ups where you just run around and beat the snot out of enemies wash, rinse and repeat...it has depth to it and additional content after the single player is over(more if you get the PS3 version)

Its one of the years most acclaim games next to inFAMOUS and Killzone 2 so its pretty sweet.

Bless

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Welll I bought it for the PS3 on Friday and I beat it this morning... to not spoil anything, I beat it on Normal and did everything except all the challenges. I really enjoyed that game. I think the length of the game was about right. I do wish there were sometimes quicker ways to get from point A to point B though.

Also, you're not going to be able to button mash through all the fights... so learn the combos during the easy fights so you can use em in the tougher ones!

Antares

macrumors 68000
I played the game almost obsessively over the last week and a half and beat it on normal, last night. I also completed the Riddler challenge at 100%. Great game. And this is definitely not just a button masher. You will get your butt kicked in the tougher fights if you just randomly press buttons. The Joker challenge rooms are fun. I'm going to take a break, though, until I really get more into the challenge rooms or try the game on hard.

And I was quite impressed by the Scarecrow. They made him legitimately scary. This is easily one of my favorite games of the year. ....And make sure you watch the credits all the way through...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Well, what do you know... thanks to my girlfriend ("come one, you know you really want to buy it, and you've been working so hard all summer, you deserve to be unreasonable...") I caved in and bought it this weekend!

Played a couple of hours yesterday, and it really is rather good. I think statements like "this year's Bioshock" and "Game of the Year" may be a tad bit generous, but it really is a solid game. Controls are excellent, and all the background info they give on the characters and such is really fun, too.

Besides the first one (which they practically gave away) I haven't really figured out the whole riddles thing yet... Are you just supposed to find something in the room and then look at it (scan it)? And what was the point of the first one...you looked at the painting - riddle solved? :confused: Maybe I am a little thick here, but I didn't really grasp that whole concept.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^Yes thats how it goes....there are riddlers trophy and object that need to be scanned as well so just pay close attention to posters on the wall and cells with prisoners "art work" in them.

I still havent played the challenge room throughly but I'll eventually get to them.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.