Battery after update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Tos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

The battery on my watch after the 3.1.1 update is terrible. Soooo much worse since the update, anyone else?

2. Ffosse, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016

Ffosse macrumors 65816

Mine is the same - I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done to remedy your issue.

Bad luck.

Edit: my battery life is around the same.

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just reset it and am going to set it up as new I guess.

4. Ffosse macrumors 65816

Yes, that may work - hope it does for you. I would test out a backup first, though, then if that doesn't work to set it up as new.

5. bob24 macrumors 6502

Argh ... hopefully this is a temporary/isolated issue and they haven't wiped-out the gains from the previous version!

6. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Mine is the same. No discernible change. Meaning it is excellent.

7. avkam macrumors member

Here too. It seems pretty much the same.

8. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it is holding up a better after the reset. The battery did take a big hit doing the restore but it seems more stable.

9. archvile macrumors regular

archvile

As of 12:20 central my watch is sitting at 91% when it is usually 95-96% at this time (very light use during the work day).

10. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Mine seems crippled or worse as well...HOWEVER I have noticed more consistent and better caloric reading throughout my normal daily routine and activities...so maybe this is why?

OP- have you noticed a difference in your activity ring readings, like do they seem higher than usual after the Watch OS 3.1.1?

11. jakerichva Suspended

I see no difference in the activity rings, and my battery is slightly better with 3.1.1. Forty minutes of exercise with a bluetooth strap attached and average use today and I'm sitting at 90% after 9 hours off the charger.

12. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

95% after 8 hours. Seems to be much better. And I have been getting a ton of text and other notices today.

13. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

Same boat, normally my watchh's battery lasts me through the day, no problem. But today, I'm 3 hours from being home and my watch is dead... I haven't tried much in terms of troubleshooting, since i noticed this today as my watch gave me the Low Battery warning

14. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

My battery life went from normal to horrendous on a S0 watch

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Seems to be a lot of mixed results. I'm glad I don't update on day one anymore. It will be interesting so see how Apple remedies this.

16. cormo` macrumors member

cormo`

My S2 is running for around 44 hours now and i am on 24% so i wont complain at this Point.

17. TokMok3 macrumors 6502

My is running for 40 hours with a 39%, I bought this watch on Black Friday, the battery is new.
    Brightness to low.
    I'm not using mail notifications, my iPhone those that.
    Sound to middle.
    Haptics to middle.
    Message is on.
    Phone notification is on.
    News App notification is on.
    News360 notificationis on.
    Twitter notificationis on.
    Can't complain, I think I will not do another update anymore. I'm going to keep my watch with 3.1.1

I notice that I'm receiving more notifications than the previous version of watchOS, twitter did not work, now is working.

My watch is series 1.

18. asfalloth macrumors member

asfalloth

19. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Glad to know its not just me.. My S0 has died twice in midday.. The first time, I thought maybe I didn't get a secure connection on the charger the night before.. But today, it died at like 4 o'clock. Which is something that never happens. I'm generally dumbfounded if my watch battery ever says low power during the day.. I'm not really too sure what it is.. But, I'm going to monitor it pretty closely the next few days. Even going to put the battery power back on the watch face lol

20. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Also on an S0 as well and after the Watch OS 3.1.1 my battery had taken a hit, but I was getting more consistent caloric readings throughout the day instead of sporadic like normal of that I was used to.

Today I decided to unpair and re-pair my Apple Watch and that seems to have improved my battery life. I set it up as a new Apple Watch rather than restoring from a backup. When arriving home tonight I'm at 62% since about 8:45am this morning, compared to last night being around 22%. I will continue to monitor tomorrow and the days coming.

21. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

That's a huge difference in battery from 62% from 22%. Perhaps the setting up as new was a key.

22. Peepo macrumors 6502a

My S0 is bad after update. After 17 hours I am at 16 % the past couple days when I put it on charger at night. The precious version I would be around 30-40% and rarely hit the red.

23. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Thanks for that tip. Im just going to repair this morning before I get my day going. Won't take to long

24. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Last night I wiped my S0 and started as new. Yesterday I was almost dead by midday. Today on the new setup I'm at 76%. Looks like setting up as new has fixed my issue for now.

25. Peepo macrumors 6502a

If I do this and setup as new, I will lose all my data then correct?
    I may try later just unpairing and re-pairing..
    Also will just try rebooting the watch first.