Battery Blues :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gurnani, Jan 21, 2011.

1. gurnani macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Its been 2 months since I have bought my Itouch. From the beginning, I have been facing battery issues. The battery drains out like anything. The brightness is about 30% and what I do is to listen music and very less videos all the time.

How to make it run longer? Any ways to do that??

Thank you

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Well one tip would be to run the battery all the way down then charge it. This "resets" the battery and should be done once a month at least.

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Also you could turn off things like location services and push for email.

4. gurnani thread starter macrumors newbie

This takes place automatically. I have say 30% of the battery left before bed. When I wake up in the morning, it says less than 20% battery remaining, and in some time, it goes down. Don;t know what the hell's wrong with it.

I have another doubt popping. When I connect to my wifi, I open safari, skype, mobile voip, facebook, email. after using one app. I press the center button and the home screen appears. By pressing the button, have I closed the app.? or is it still running in the background? if yes, running, then how do I close the app?

thnks

5. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

Well if you are running 4.x then double tapping the home button should bring up the multitasking menu. Then press and hold on the app and a little "X" should appear. You can press this to stop the app from running in the background. But if you are running 3.x or below the app quits when you hit the home button.

6. gurnani thread starter macrumors newbie

I never knew that. Will try it for sure. I am running on 4.x , so multitasking stuff was eating the battery I am guessing.
    Will try it out and share if the battery life improves

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Turn off Wifi and see if it improves your battery. It does for me.

8. utneon macrumors regular

boy you are completely wrong. there is no such thing as a reset for lithium batteries. that was true for NI-MH batteries that had memory. discharging battery on lithium just makes it overheat due to low voltage. same with laptops. hope this helps.