Battery Case vs Protective Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Huntn, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Huntn, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I'm kinda spoiled. My old Sanyo with light usage, would go several days with out needing a charge. Right after I got my iphone, I cranked up the Map app (which worked very well btw) to navigate around town. What I found was that if not plugged in, I could literally watch the battery drain. My wife has had an iphone4 and I've always thought a battery case was a good choice and we had one until it kept breaking on her (Mophie Juice Pack Air- edge trim came loose on two different cases) phone. The ip5 is so new, that no one has hardly any cases for them, especially battery cases. The minus with a battery case is that the ones I've seen don't protect as well as something like an Otterbox Defender.

What is the prevailing wisdom- are battery packs worth the $100 you'll spend on them or just stay close to a charger? I know in the car I'm covered.
    Thanks!

PS- I might as well ask, what do you all recommend as the best protection/value cases out there? I've inclined to go with Otterbox, but am open to other suggestions.

2. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Well if you want opinions.....mine personally is to wait for Mophie to release their battery case. That's what I'm doing right now. My battery life is unacceptable right now. 7 hours standby and 3 1/2 to 4 hours of usage.....

With all the great features this phone can do Apple really wasted an opportunity to have a better battery. Instead they made it thinner. Really my only complaint though.:cool:

3. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Honestly if you NEED a case as protective as an OtterBox Defender then you shouldn't even buy an iPhone in the first place, take care of your toys :rolleyes:

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

If you are going with Mophie, my suggestion is to get model that does not have the metallic strip around the edge which kept coming off when my wife was using one.

5. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I honestly don't care what they make. Apple needs to get them the rights to use the lightning connector and get a battery case out ASAP lol