Battery crushing beta 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by h00ligan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I can't see how they are going to fix beta 7 so fast

First off, it's absolutely battery crushing - all background apps off, I can't get 1/3 of a day out without recharging, so before my general thoughts any idea?

My thoughts, and I, sure unpopular ones
    -----
    Scrolling folders. Now you get them. Yah! Except the max display is 9 icons. So now if you had 12 icons before. You have to scroll...another step

iCloud Keychain,..,go for it, if you feel it's trustworthy. It's tied to your Apple ID. And far too easy to use a simple pin. Readers here are probably fine to use it, bit nana is going to get robbed. It's a matter of time.

Control center, no toggle choices - unless I missed it...I can't believe we can't have a VPN TOGGLE. still.

Color scheme..this needs major work. It's improved in 7 but still ugly

Still no default browser choice
    Still no centralized document reposity

On the upside Upside safari is fast

Super disappointing and probably (and I don't bang on every release about this) this will mean the end of my time.

In fairness, who does tablets absolutely suck and android takes a lot of work not to suck.

I personally will keep iOS 6 on as long as possible most likely. Mi really feel they tried to take the best jailbreak features and blew the implementation of them.

And frankly, it's ugly..opacity isnt't enough. Everything has a blue tinge. Looks like it took inspiration from windows 7 glass.

Anyway. I'm sure I'll get hated on, but those are my thoughts.

But about eh battery..literally did nothing with the phone and in 5 hours lost 67%. Clean install. Awful

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Well there's your issue..you're running beta 7, which means, who knows what you're running since beta 7 doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Could've joined one of the many other threads just like yours.

Also, battery life will be much improved in the GM, which is optimized for battery life..

3. Saberon macrumors 6502a

People don't seem to understand...

Beta 5 is the last Beta that had any real changes, it came out almost a MONTH ago. In a month, so much can happen to iOS. Hang in there, the GM will fix everyone's issues

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

There is no beta 7.

If you are going to complain, at least get your facts corrects.

Battery life ain't that bad on my 4S.

A toggle for VPN - why? I doubt that is a commonly used feature unlike the others.

5. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

6. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

7. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

you are basing this on a not-finished beta release of iOS? Sad.

As far as battery life goes, again, betas are not optimized for speed/battery life and contain code running in the background constantly, which contributes to battery going down faster. Also, I had issues with location services staying stuck on in an early beta, this was fixed by going to location services, turning off the apps, turn back on the ones I wanted using it and it was fine after this and a power cycle. Betas are not stable yet. Oh, yeah, when first updated, I had an app I wasn't using that kept location services on, even though the app wasn't open or even in the multitasking bar, this drains the battery too. There are things to do to optimize battery life also...some notifications turn on location services...some apps might use location services without you realizing, you can turn location services on/off for each app.

Personally, I am running the latest beta 7 on my iPhone 5 and battery life is just fine, should be better after GM.

So, if you think battery life is bad, go to android and see how long your battery lasts.

Or, wait for the finished public release of iOS 7 before making judgments on it.

here are some tips to save battery life:
    http://www.zdnet.com/15-ways-to-improve-your-iphones-battery-life-7000014902/
    http://www.macworld.com/article/204...nd-ipad-battery-saving-techniques-tested.html

Now I know why Apple doesn't release betas to the general public, too many people don't realize a beta means, not ready for public consumption, and, for many reasons, can't run speed or battery test comparisons with previous os, the GM will be different.
    [​IMG]

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Ah, yes, an inconsistent rehash of things that have been discussed many times in many threads...how insightful.

9. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

+10

10. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

No it won't. i highly doubt 9 incons on folder will get changed at all. Still no way to change dafult apps, still no way to centerlize all my files, still need thousands of steps to get mutliple files attched to a email....

iOS 7 certainly feel good for most of you guys out there just to web browsing or happy whatever Apple offers to you. But it certainlly not fixed the productivity issue many of users are facing.

In the end, iOS 7 is just the same old iOS that designed around 2007. Yes, you get redesinged UI, yes you get control center, yes you get unlimited amount of app in one folder etc. But work flow is still the same old iOS.

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

We're talking about bug fixes, not the addition of new features.

12. Dookieman macrumors 6502

This thread is simply not true. My iOS 7 device can easily last all day. OP doesn't know what he is doing.

13. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

My thoughts exactly.

14. Otago Lad macrumors member

Totally agree - since beta 5 mine has been running almost flawlessly and I get as much battery time out of my iPhone 5 in iOS7 as I did in iOS6 - only improvements for me that are needed are animation speed and lock-screen speed and these will come with GM. Any added battery time from GM onwards is just a bonus for me.

15. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

So switch to Android.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

But then what would he complain about all the time??!! ;)

17. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why more than 50% of his RAM is in use when he has no apps open? :p

18. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Nice trolling post. If true then it's your battery that is phuct. Again, if true, probably an old iPhone 4.

19. h00ligan, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

Wow. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you people.

Sorry I don't read these forums all day every day. And I did search. So basically. Look at the amt of time I've Ben a member. Yah. Typical trolling I misspoke. Beta 6 not 7 (11a4449d).. Give people the benefit of the doubt once Ina while.

That said. A reset all strings seemed to help.

Good lord the land of keyboard warriors is so strong here.

I own all apple products. Ima. Registered developer. Calm down people.

And it's an iPhone 5, as stated in the initial post. It's OK if people don't think everything apple does is gold..but my stock holding is happy for zealots so hate away I guess.

Regardless. I'm not a fan of many of the choices..and some are downright illogical to me. I believe in this form, there will be a lot of unhappy users...but I guess it all depends when they announce it's shipping - probably 2-3 weeks. A lot of optimizing to do..features are probably frozen. And that's a bummer.

As to android, I don't care for it windows meteo - has potential but right now 8 is two os's fighting to be dominant. And it's annoying.
    There is no perfect OS,,,and apple has made plenty of missteps....including stealing ideas from developers and implementing them more poorly.

It's about choosing what the most convenient. Everyone has an opinion. Shouting at people on the internet about how right you are is just stupid.

Can anyone recommend a more mature forum for open minded discussion, genuine question. I'll check xda's ios forum...clearly dissent against the mother ship will not be tolerated here. Funny given 1984

20. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

THIS POST is simply not true, at least not completely. Battery life varies between device to device, depending on age, model, settings, use, etc. Some people will have good battery life and some will have bad.

----------

Everyone stop trolling about "there is no beta 7." It was probably a typo or coming from the top of OP's head, and either way, who cares!

21. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

Actually, there isn't buddy. Beta 5 came out about a month ago and beta 6 had one security fix to it. There hasn't been a beta since 6. And this Tuesday the GM will be released.

22. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

You're right. It's 6 not 7. I corrected in my last post.it will be interesting to see what the gm does.

I can't imagine the current beta 6 has been branched appropriately for ipad. So I assume the gm will be iPhone only. Way too much wasted screen for the ipad on the current beta IMO.

Where did you get the Tuesday gm info..is that presuming download availability for the masses on the 10th?

23. dearfriendx, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

I saw your correction too late. The iOS beta for iPad was available to us developers a lot later than the iPhone/iPod versions. I suspect iPads will get gold master come October when they release new iPad hardware.

I am assuming iPhone iOS GM for this Tuesday because history most certainly seems to repeat itself for Apple's sake. We usually get GM the day of iPhone announcements.

24. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

The poison flowing through this forum is awful to see.

I'm embarrassed for you all.

----------

I don't really post here any more either.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Come on now, why can't the OP be preemptively pissed off about beta 7?