Battery for PowerBook G3 Pismo

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bavbavis, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bavbavis macrumors newbie

I have just bought a lovely G3 Pismo from eBay, but the battery is toast! I am in the UK and have been trawling the web and eBay for a battery. No luck so far. Does anyone know where I can get either an original (unlikely) or good replacement battery in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

There are ways to take apart the dead battery and just make your own with fresh batteries... check youtube and google around for it.

3. MikeatOSX macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

Newertech and VHBW sold Pismo batteries - I bought one VHBW from Amazon two years ago.

4. weckart macrumors 68040

Not an option in the UK, however.

For the OP, setting up a search alert in eBay is your best bet. There was a seller in Germany with plenty a while back but I haven't looked recently. Economically, it isn't worth paying through the nose for up to 2hrs of battery life tbh.

5. MikeatOSX macrumors regular

MikeatOSX

I bought my Pismo battery from the seller in Germany, two years ago.

6. weckart macrumors 68040

Looks like only Wallstreet batteries available now but I still think Germany is the best bet for now. Otherwise, OP can also bookmark thebookyard.com for a UK source of legacy Mac spare parts but he shouldn't expect eBay prices or availability.

7. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

There were some NOS ones on Ebay a few months back. From my experience, they give an honest 4-5 hour battery life, and the seller backed them up with a warranty.

About the best you can do is be patient and hope someone puts something like that up again. I stocked up on batteries from that seller.

8. RhianB, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

9. weckart macrumors 68040