Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I looked in Istat and my MBP's battery health is already down to 94%. My old ibook was at 50% before and was awful. Is there any way I can help this?

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
You don't mention how long you've owned your notebook. I assume it's at least fairly new. In any case, according to Apple, you can go through a full 300 cycles and still have 80% health.

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
217 cycles... 88%....

how long have you had your mbp? how many charge cycles has it been through?

I have one purchased as b/u whenI got my Original 1.83GHz MBP Apr-06...

Now 217 Cycles and 88% today.... I typically use it to "near death" and then try to Kill and and Calibrate every 6-8 to weeks... it has shown 93% in past 10 days or so, but not today!! :rolleyes:

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
I have one purchased as b/u whenI got my Original 1.83GHz MBP Apr-06...

Now 217 Cycles and 88% today.... I typically use it to "near death" and then try to Kill and and Calibrate every 6-8n weeks... it has shown 93% in past 10 days or so, but not today!! :rolleyes:

that's actually pretty good. :)

coma

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2006
i was wondering if mine could be helped in any way?

mbp.png

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
I have a 1st gen C2D 17" MBP from launch and im on 92%

I let is run down until it falls asleep every week, but i cannot cope without it to let it run down until it turns off.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
eluk a 6500 battery is that with the new SR you got?

I sent eluk a PM asking about that. No response yet. And coconutBattery is saying his Mac is 10 months old, so it can't be a SR.

Whatever battery it is, I want one because my mbp 17" original is only 5500 mAh and the extra 30-60min would be useful.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I have 48 cycles on my SR MBP and my health is at 95%. Don't know how I feel about this.

I'd say that's on par. Apple claims that it's 300 cycles to 80% health, so you seem to be on track. Remember that almost no one starts out with 100% health; most of us begin with 99 or 98 simply because of the trip from China, and the age of the battery itself. In that regard, you have nothing to worry about.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Is this one normal ?

hmmm...that seems a bit low in terms of battery health. Have you calibrated recently? Do you take yours into excessive heat or cold? Something about that seems a little too worn down.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
hmmm...that seems a bit low in terms of battery health. Have you calibrated recently? Do you take yours into excessive heat or cold? Something about that seems a little too worn down.

we don't really have extreme temperatures around here, but I never seem to get around to calibrating my battery. Is that what's causing this? and if yes, will calibrating restore some health, or is it permanent?

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
we don't really have extreme temperatures around here, but I never seem to get around to calibrating my battery. Is that what's causing this? and if yes, will calibrating restore some health, or is it permanent?

Calibrating doesn't really affect the health of your battery per se, it really only helps give you an accurate picture of your battery's relative health. I suggest you calibrate soon and then post your Coconut results. Bonne chance!

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
well i calibrated my battery and my battery capacity went down and not up. is there something wrong with my battery?

mbp1.png

I thought this might happen:( It seems that your battery has been losing energy quite consistantly for some time. I think this is a case in which Apple owes you a new battery. No battery, with only 17 cycles, should be below 80% (heck, it should be above 90%). I think you're going to have to take it in. The calibration gave us an accurate picture, and unfortunately, it doesn't look good.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
For general battery info, be sure to read this:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/

EDIT: looks like CalBoy posted the link earlier, but a reminder never hurt anyone. ;)

Yeah, I wonder if anyone even bothered to read that post:rolleyes: I think most of them glossed over it and just decided to post their Coconut results and then inquire about their situation. It never hurts to remind us though:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.