Battery Impressive 12 hours!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodaxl7, Jun 24, 2010.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I have had the iphone 4 since 330pm and it's still rocking. I have been playing with it all day. I browse net, multi-task, took pics, made a few calls, etc. I got 22 percent left. I am playing game now. I am playing cod zombies and it plays much smoother. It must be the extra ram. awesome~~:D

2. delilah macrumors newbie

delilah

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

About what percentage do you have your brightness set? I like mine set pretty high, about 80%, and it seems to last a bit longer than my 3gs but not exceptionally. Maybe I'm just spoiled from the battery life with the iPad.

4. Locker macrumors 6502

I've been up for 2 hours, not been constantly playing on it at all (not touched it that much actually)... and it's down to 90% - I'm actually quite worried.

Maybe it needs a full drain and re-charge to re-calibrate :confused:

5. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

yeah, don't worry about it just keep using it regularly, I guess you can drain it then charge it back to 100% if you want; and eventually the battery will improve!

6. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I got mine on the 23rd, charged it overnight until 6 am, and tried my ass off to kill the battery yesterday - 1.5hours of calls, 6 hours of background streaming pandora while surfing, Twitter, etc., plus some pics, videos. Batterry didnt die until 8 pm.

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Thanks. This helps. I haven't drained it completely so I really don't know how long it lasts. My bad.

8. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

The Engadget review gives a good outline of how long the battery lasts.

9. Built macrumors 68020

Woke up earlier and am TRYING to drain the battery so I can charge it up before I have to leave the house in the early morning to hit the gym.

This thing refuses to die. LOL

I have the brightness turned up and am playing some of my video playlists, and it is still going strong.

I've been using the phone off and on since I got it at noon on the 23rd...Did not charge it...and am just trying to get it to zero...

I will give it a little longer...:)

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

11. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Mine has a used time of 1hr 43 and is already down to 72%. Can't say I've been hammering it either!

Think I'll run it down to zero in case the battery needs some calibration...

12. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Well I charged mine up over night and at 7am unplugged it. It was at 100%. By the time I got to the office (45 min motorbike ride) I was down to 98%. Its now 11:40am and I'm at 90%. I therefore predict that I should get about 40-45 hours out of it, provided I don't play with it as much as yesterday ;)

pac

13. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

My typical routine with new electronics that contain batteries is to run it down until shutoff, recharge to 100%, drain until shutoff, recharge to 100% then just use as normal. (with other devices I do a full discharge might do a full discharge every 3-6 months, but my iphone gets replaced each year so I don't bother)

Anyway, I got my iP4 on the 23rd. Needless to say I've been using it a ton since. It took me until the night of the 24th at 11:00pm before it finally turned itself off. In the end I didn't think I'd kill it last night and didn't want it to run out mid-morning so I ended up laying it on the couch running the Slingbox app for 1.5 hours before it finally quit. lol

I'm very impressed so far.

14. gmikesell macrumors regular

I think I'm impressed as well!

On my 3GS I had brightness down to 50% and still could only get about 4-5 hours out of it. This morning I've been browsin and posting for nearly 2 hours straight with brightness up to 80% over wifi and its only gone down about 10-11%. I think I woulda been down to 50% with the same usage of my old 3GS.

15. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Just curious -- why drain it twice? Does that calibrate the battery level indicator better than draining just once?

16. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

[​IMG]

on a sidenote: My eneloop 5000mAh pack would charge my 3GS about 2.5 times. This time it charged the iPhone 4 about 1.75 times (I used it for a full charge up last night).