Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Watch put on at 8 am and it's 1030pm now. I'd consider myself a heavy user. 30 emails received. 10-15 sent. Skype texts throughout day. 3 phone calls. Many messages sent and received.

Very impressed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 131

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Watch put on at 8 am and it's 1030pm now. I'd consider myself a heavy user. 30 emails received. 10-15 sent. Skype texts throughout day. 3 phone calls. Many messages sent and received.

Very impressed.

Good data point, thanks!

Which size? (38 or 42mm)

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I used mine for 2 days without charging , tonight I was at 7%
So is going in the charger

ielessar

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
WJ
Agree, great battery life. Took off the Watch on 6:30am, checked around 9pm still had around 40%. I am an active Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram user, and get 200+ notifications everyday.

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Do you guys use activity tracker? I used to but stopped a few days ago as I found it to be uncomfortable to wear at the gym and a bit less accurate then I'd hoped

So far(since stopping the activity tracking), my battery has significantly improved...the activity tracker is a HUGE batter killer

wvayens

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
Please with battery life so far

I have a 38mm, generally put it on a 8am and off around 11pm. Usually ending the day between 40-50% remaining.

One change I did make was to turn off the activate on wrist motion...I find that tapping works just as well for me and eliminating a lot of the inadvertent activations has extended my batter life even further.

PeterKent

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
I am very impressed with the 42mm.
After a full day of tournaments 5x60min games (all logged as outdoor run) I still had more than 25% battery left by the end of the day on the 42mm. The 38mm died half way into the 5th game (still impressive).

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Here is a summary of my heaviest day of usage and it didn't run out.

I wore it over 16.5 hours, 106 minutes of exercise (weight training [Other] and running [Outdoor Running] with HR monitor on full time), 2 watch/phones calls,1 voice message playback, remote control of iPhone music, iTunes music (home) and AppleTV, installed at least 3 apps, plus all the notifications, using Siri, showing to a couple of people and overusing (since it is still new) and when I took it off it had 9% battery left.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Took mine off the charger at 8am yesterday morning, and took it off my wrist at 1am this morning. Had 40% free.

Put it on at 8am this morning after NOT charging it. it had 34% when I put it on and now at 29%

srharris22

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2010
I typically get mine on (42mm SG sport) at 6AM and use it as activity/fitness tracker for 30-50 minutes per day. When I put it on charger at night around 10:30PM its around 40+% charge still.
I did fall asleep one night with it on and in the morning was 24% charge, only had 30+ minutes to charge it but made it through entire 2nd day including workout. I had to tell it to not go into power save mode about 30 minutes before I went to bed.
All in all, couldn't be happier with the batter life.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
I'm using mine around 18 hours a day with good battery life.
When I do a long workout or use the activity tracker, the battery drains much more.

My battery completely died after 13 hours on the second day, but I was also very active that day and logged a workout that morning.

I have a theory that the watch is "learning" my habits and adjusting power usage. After that second day, I've had 16-18 hour days with 40-60 percent left at bedtime.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
38 mm gets great battery life, too. I've got nothing turned off and do a lot of texts and weather checking (Dark Sky, Hi-Def Radarm weather app)and at least one phone call per day and push notifications from AP news among the many various things I've got the watch doing for me. I have activity tracker monitoring my standing and movement but currently I'm not doing any exercise for it to monitor this month (not until allergy season is over) so it's not running the battery down. I might be able to get two days out of the battery but my routine of putting it to bed on its charger is too ingrained in me at this point. But it's nice to know if I had to, I could get two days out of it.

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
My 38mm normally has over 50% charge left after a full days use. I forgot to charge it one night and it lasted until 9pm on the second day. The battery is WAY better than Apple claims!

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
After eliminating the first two days, my battery has not gone below 40% after wearing it 7 am to 11 pm daily. Most days it is above 50%. Once it was at 70%.

So I am not afraid to use it for receiving notifications, checking the weather and sports scores, and receiving and sending messages.

Great job Apple!

Forgot to say it is a 42mm.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
I have also been very pleased with battery life. Never entered power saving mode once yet and I think I use watch a fair amount.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Do you guys use activity tracker? I used to but stopped a few days ago as I found it to be uncomfortable to wear at the gym and a bit less accurate then I'd hoped

So far(since stopping the activity tracking), my battery has significantly improved...the activity tracker is a HUGE batter killer

I have activity tracking turned on (although I'm not really using it or pay oh attention to the results), plus 100 emails, Facebook notifications etc and I'm getting 2 days out of the watch. Very happy indeed!!

Vegasryn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Been using the activity tracker since day one. Can only imagine battery life with it turned off :eek:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Went to Disneyland yesterday with my 42mm watch. Took it off the charger around 8AM and was on it all day while waiting in lines and whatnot. Got home at 9:30PM and still had 48% left. Extremely pleased with how long the battery lasts. I was expecting it to die mid-day with the amount of usage I had put onto it. I had roughly 6 hours of usage and just shy of 14 hours of stand by.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
good

Battery life has been quite good and to improve it I try to kill the last app that I was using (usually some form of exercise tracker or gps dependent app) before not using the watch directly for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.