Battery Life Reminders, Nag?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cell-666, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Do we really need the pop up telling the user the battery is going flat at set % intervals? Having a toggle off would be nice at the minimum, it's not that hard to see the battery level surely?

Or just do away with it please

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't see anything wrong with it. A car tells you to refuel and lights up a orange gas pump even though you could clearly see that it's almost empty.

3. Jakimo macrumors 6502

What I've always wanted is reminders while talking via cell. This way you aren't surprised by a sudden dead battery during conversations..

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Thing is the battery icon goes red when it's low so it kind of contains both features already. Actually, does it still do that?

Be nice if you could turn the popup off though.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

It does turn red, gives a pop up at 20% and 10%. beyond that I'm not sure because I put it on the charger.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It can be useful for those that don't have battery percentage turned on, at least the 10% reminder more so than the 20% one (given that the battery color changes for that one).

I'd probably say what would be more useful is just using colors. Perhaps have it be yellow/orange at 20% and then turn red at something like 10%.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I disagree; I like the nagging screen, reminds me to save whats left for soemthing inportant. Plus, it's not something you are seeing hourly to be a nag.

8. Oui macrumors 6502

I thought I had seen all the ridiculous complaints. But this is a new low.
    I mean Really. Absolutely ridiculous.

9. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

This has existed for a long time. At the same intervals that a popup appears. There is a subtle doo-doo-doo like a power down sound warning you that the battery is getting low.

----------

Tell my wife this :D

10. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

You are wrong !!

The most ridiculous I have seen is someone claiming their iPhone is slightly bent !!!

Top that….

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

a 3gs??

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

slightly bent after updating to GM? :p

13. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol really low complaint? Not really, I paid my dues, I'll moan if I like. Just annoying when you have to hit the OK to confirm that you are aware that the battery is low. Maybe better with just a soft reminder than a "stop everything you are doing, your battery is going flat" but really, OK a message to tell us that?

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

doesn't take a second to click dismiss, unless you are dealing w/ stocks a mere second won't affect your productivity. At the contrary, if you were so busy that you didn't have time to press dismiss then you prob didn't even notice the little icon changed to red.

15. GreyOS macrumors 68030

This is a forum for fanatics and people with complaints, most things people say here aren't the biggest priority in their life, but if we can't get these things off our chest here then where else? :p

I just think the trigger points are set too high, and the fact it does it at two points is annoying. On Mac OS X you get just one warning, and it's when you have around 5% left (on my MacBook Air anyway). I'd like to see that on iOS too.

16. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

nag? it only warns you at 20% and 10% thats it...

17. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

It amazes me as well.. first the iPhone 5s box and now this. This has been a part of iOS for how long now and its being questioned. :confused:

18. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I wonder if pilots find it 'a nag' with all those warning lights in the cockpit.....

I will be definitely be thinking of OP when I next fly.....

19. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

like that episode of mayday when the (pilot tubes?) on a aeroperu flight were blocked causing incorrect airspeed/altitude readings..

20. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Hmm. My car's only way of telling me to refuel -- short of hoping I look at the gauge-- would be to come to a choking halt. The only thing that lights up orange on my dashboard is a check engine light.

Well on second thought maybe it has an orange fuel-up warning. I will never see it because I would never let the gas get that low. It can be a long haul to a gas station when you're driving around the boondocks.

21. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Haha touché

22. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Interesting point. Eastern Airlines flight 401 crashed into the Everglades in 1972 because the pilot, co-pilot and engineer were all focused on trying to replace a nose gear bulb and nobody was paying attention to the fact that the autopilot had disengaged and they were descending.

The good old days when the airlines flew comfortable wide-bodies domestically before deregulation.

23. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

AFAIK all cars have a fuel-up warning light (orange, red, etc)

24. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

^^ Wow, so it's just my fear of running out of gas (and keeping 3/4 tank on board) in the boonies has kept from the joy of a fuel warning light? I'll have to wind up my courage sometime (next summer maybe, too close to cold here now) and TRY IT OUT. :D

25. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

This supports OP point of warning lights being a nag…..

Pilot's should have ignored the nagging warning light's……

If I have to hit 'OK' button for low battery warning on my iPhone - I could potentially crash into a light post or worst in another car if I am driving…