Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shailesh.Sharma

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Battery Life with 8.3

This is what I'm getting right now.
6+, 8.3, brightness at 40-45% all the time, between wifi and 3G(bad network), 2 hours of music over Bluetooth.
I'm absolutely satisfied.
f2d6d3c27d09bcf2399c54284ffaf24a.jpg

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Terrible on my 6.

12% left.

4:41 usage
1 day 9 hours standby

Full brightness, wifi/bluetooth on, background app refresh disabled.

Mostly safari/messages with somehome and lock screen and facebook usage.

This is my first full drain and will recharge and see where I'm at. This is garbage, I used to get insane battery life until 8.3 which was supposed to be even better from what was described and it's total crap battery life now

Did a couple full discharges, it's a bit better -

Sitting at 17% left, and am at 4 hrs 41 minutes usage with 2 days and 5 hours standby, mainly messages/Gmail/home and lock/facebook/safari, same full brightness/wifi/bluetooth on

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
For those who are experiencing battery issues, try this method:

Completely drain the battery. And leave the phone off for 12+ hours. Then recharge the phone.

I read about this on another thread, and it definitely improved my 5S' battery life. I used to get around 4 hours, and now I get almost 6 hours out of single charge.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For those who are experiencing battery issues, try this method:

Completely drain the battery. And leave the phone off for 12+ hours. Then recharge the phone.

I read about this on another thread, and it definitely improved my 5S' battery life. I used to get around 4 hours, and now I get almost 6 hours out of single charge.
Doubt that leaving it off for some particular time would really change anything. In reality all that could really do is recalibrate the battery meter to be more accurate (not really change the battery life itself). So if someone hasn't depleted the battery all the way until the phone shuts off and then recharged it back up all the way in some time (more than a few a months let's say) it's certainly something worth doing.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
No complaints here with a iP6. I typically charge daily but wanted to see how far it would go and calibrate the battery since not done it in quite a while. WiFi, BlueTooth and cell data always on btw.

IMG_1230.PNG

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
8.3 was solid for me through pretty much all of the betas. Then the GM came out and my battery went downhill. Pretty odd.

8.4 is a ton better with battery life, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.