Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
For me, 4.0 is giving the best battery life I think I've ever had on an iPhone. I thought for sure this thread would have been about how great it is on the beta. It's interesting how wide the opinion can vary.

Same for me. My battery life seems to be much better than previous versions. For example, today I took off charge around 8:40am and used it for about an hour of listening to music while browsing fluent news as well as some games. I still have about 90% battery life left and its 12pm(See attachement).

Thats seems like an improvement to me, don't know how others have experienced worse battery life.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 125

WinDoze9t8

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2004
Well,

Mine is still playing up...

Yesterday afternoon Mine was flat after 3.5 hours so I done a fresh install yesterday evening (no third party apps) and only setup my exchange mail-perhaps this is the issue (but never use to be). I took the phone off change this morning at 7.40 and have not used it - the battery is currently at 60%.

I will update this at lunchtime.

sexyjit

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
WIll OS 4.0 resolve the battery problem

will OS 4.0 increase the battery life on the 3gS cause the battery life on the 3gS is very poor.. would it also reduce the heating.. :mad::mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.