Battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shanghaichica, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 5S. My only reservation is battery life. My last iPhone was the 4, and I found the battery life to be quite good. I could get through a full day with moderate to heavy use. Since then I've had a few android phones, only the S4 has had a good battery life, however it didn't really matter too much as I could carry a spare battery. So if I go for the 5S I need to know that the battery life is decent enough. I'd be using it for music / podcasts, video watching and tethering.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Depends how heavy your workload, when doing those things, is.

3. ABC5S macrumors 68040

The 5S uses LTE, and that is a hog over 3G if you are a heavy to moderate user, but you can extend the battery life by doing some reading on "How to extend battery life on a 5S".

Mine below is great, but I don't play games, YouTube or movies on a small screen at all. And I adjust the screen brightness and bunch of other things to max out the battery life....

Attached Files:

4. Shanghaichica thread starter macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Thanks. I usually only have the screen brightness at about 30 % max.

I suppose it can't be any worse than the iPhone 4, which got me through the day.

5. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Wow, my 5S has really good battery life then. I go 3 days without needing to charge it. I am diligent about closing apps, brightness, and other misc battery saver things.