Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyykesko

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2015
It’s really 2.5 days with regular use honestly. Anyone seeing only 1 day is using GPS and cellular a ton. I find the battery life to be more than adequate.

Anyone actually using it won't even see full day battery life. If you use it just as an expensive clock with every feature disabled, sure it may last longer but then you'd be better off buying an actual watch that lasts for months or years without a battery replacement. I rarely use cell, GPS for a hour+ for my exercise at most, some timers, notifications, reminders, shopping list etc. and just that light use drains the battery in 6-8 hours. Play some music and you're down to max 4 hour battery life. It does charge pretty quickly but it's still so underwhelming compared to my expectations. Won't be buying a new model until they at least double the current battery life.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Mine was shocking on series 5...battery being bigger is the only requirement. Saying that unless it has 120hz i will stick to my note ultra anyway.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Anyone actually using it won't even see full day battery life. If you use it just as an expensive clock with every feature disabled, sure it may last longer but then you'd be better off buying an actual watch that lasts for months or years without a battery replacement. I rarely use cell, GPS for a hour+ for my exercise at most, some timers, notifications, reminders, shopping list etc. and just that light use drains the battery in 6-8 hours. Play some music and you're down to max 4 hour battery life. It does charge pretty quickly but it's still so underwhelming compared to my expectations. Won't be buying a new model until they at least double the current battery life.
That’s absolutely not true. I definitely use it a lot. At work I get an ungodly amount of messages from my boss, peers and those I manage while working 50-60 hour weeks. I get notifications constantly from email. I use the weather complication/app several times a day as work is weather dependent. I consult Things plenty. Use it as my phone if needed. All radios are on. The only I do is turn the brightness on low because even that is plenty bright in the sun.

When I get home and take a shower I throw it on the charger and it’s consistently only down to 60%. That’s for over a years history.

None of that touches my personal usage which includes running 5 & 10Ks.

I do have a 44mm so maybe that’s why. All I know is the battery lasts plenty long while getting used more than I ever imagined I would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.