Battery on watchOS 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by codeman7, Sep 25, 2015.

1. codeman7 macrumors member

Hello! I had a 38mm Sport watch shortly after they came out, and I returned it because I was regularly running out of battery (on top of having a lot of notifications out of sync with my iPhone). I usually used the workout mode for 45 minutes–1.5 hours every day, and often times was in reserve in the evening. Is this any better with watchOS 2? Thanks!

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I haven't noticed any better (or worse) battery life than I had on 1.0.1.

3. IW1206MT macrumors member

Mine is about the same...42mm with 45 min workout and with watch on from 730am-midnight I end with 40-45%

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Mine didn't seem so bad at first. Then a couple days ago it ran down to about 1 percent in 12 hours. Today I first put it on at 10 a.m. it was down to 59 at 2 p.m. At 6 p.m. it was down to 10. So I'm a little concerned now, especially since I turned off Hey Siri when I saw the 59 percent.

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Here is comparison of my watch battery life on OS 2 and OS 1.0.1. They are roughly the same.

6. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Ok my battery life was brilliant on OS 1.01. I upgraded to OS 2 on Monday and noticed no difference from OS 1.01
    Unpaired my 6 Plus and bought a 6s plus yesterday. Paired my watch to it yesterday afternoon and my battery life sunk like a lead balloon at 10% per hour. Reset the watch and put it on charge and I have been wearing it for three hours this morning and used it several times for Apple Pay and emails and it's still reading 100% which if that is a true reading is amazing

7. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

Once I upgraded from OS2 GM to the official OS2 the battery was crap (I have a 38MM). I realized "Hey Siri" was turned on so I disabled that (with the 38MM it just sucked too much battery and I never use it). That didn't really help with battery discharge so i followed the suggestion folks had made - I re-paired my watch and let it charge to 100% and since then the battery life has actually improved - on my 38 MM three days in I'm getting slightly better battery life than I did before....I usually put on the watch at 7 am and leave it on until around 1030 - 11 pm and I still have around 30% battery left. It just depends on how many notifications I get throughout the day.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

First full time using it today.. Off charge at 8am and with a hour walk at 23.00 it still has 21% left...

9. StuartL macrumors member

Been using the watch since 1st May. Before this weekend, I'd never gone below 40% battery at the end of the day (I'm not a heavy user).

Installed OS2 last Tuesday and all was still fine through to Friday. However, at the weekend the battery usage went a bit haywire. I got to 40% after 5 hours on Saturday. Yesterday I went from 100% to power reserve mode in 11 hours (first time I'd actually seen reserve mode).

Did the good old switch off and on again last night. Today I'm at 86% after 5 hours so seems back to normal for me. Very strange.

10. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I've got the same good, or even better battery life now.

11. Kyle4 macrumors 6502

Sometimes my battery is fine, in 12 hours it usually goes to 70%. This morning, however, it's being drained by something. In two hours its gone 12%, whereas it usually drains at 2-3% an hour with my usage. I don't get it, it seems so temperamental. It's fine at first and then just starts draining like crazy. I reset it and will see if that helps.