Battery usage results and comparison advice...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SL4VE, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SL4VE, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

SL4VE macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    USAGE 7 hours 18m
    STANDBY 1 day 13 hours

Would you say this is good?
    This is the results from my 1st full charge on a replacement handset. So ideally should get better over time.

Thanks in advance

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Thats very good. I have 7 hours 33 minutes usage right now, with 1 day 4 hours standby with 17% battery left on my iPhone 3GS.

3. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Depends on what you are doing. I get about 10 hours of wifi browsing on iPhone 4 along with some standby time.

4. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

5. JulianL macrumors 65816

It depends so much on how you use it and what push and/or fetch settings you have on email and stuff. Also what sort of reception area you're in for the mobile signal, whether you are on 2G or 3G, and what the brightness is set to.

As an example of how a frugal setup can maximise battery life, here are my stats right now. I'm at 59% and I already have 4 hours 36 minutes of usage and 2 days 17 hours of standby. Brightness set to about 65% (under the "e" in "Brightness") and no music usage or phone calls, it's mostly WiFi browsing with a tiny bit (a couple of minutes) of 2G mobile data access. WiFi is permanently enabled although it doesn't really need to be so I could probably eke out the battery life even more if I could be bothered.

I keep my phone locked to the 2G network, never access email from my phone, have calendar and contacts set for manual update and rarely use the phone or data functionality at all. I'm probably a very untypical user but for me my iPhone is essentially a PDA device that I use to read ebooks, listen to music, take notes, store maps, spreadsheets and other key information on, and play games. My device just happens to also have a phone feature in it which is very useful in emergencies or when running late for a meeting but is rarely used apart from that, and the occassional mobile access to Wikipedia to settle arguments in pubs.

- Julian

6. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

Julian your amazing. Very untypical but get very good results

I use wifi at home so prob 50% of the time and rest is mixed on mostly 3G. My batt is set slightly less that yours about 50% and location is always on!

Within that 1st charge usage it was a good mix of everything including music. Internet. Phone and texts.

The batt should improve over next few charges. So let's hope I can stretch to 2 full days at least

7. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

bit of an update, i think the battery is awesome now... in comparison to others i would like your opinions

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

My latest on a new 3GS with 12% left:

Usage: 7 Hours 2 Minutes
    Stand-By: 1 Day, 11 Hours

Usage was music, web browsing (non-mobile sites), IMing (push notifications), phone & texting.

9. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

I Irene result I posted is top trumps lol. I'm really impressed in case no one noticed as this was 50% brightness and location on and 3G wifi on

10. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

I Irene result I posted is top trumps lol. I'm really impressed in case no one noticed as this was 50% brightness and location on and 3G wifi on