iPhone Battery %

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jcdm, Aug 9, 2013.

1. jcdm macrumors member

Hi,

After unpluged and in stand by... consumption was 2% in 2 hours, hard-reset and % goes up to 100% and stay there for 5 hours with iphone 5 in stand by. Is it a bug?

Regards

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

No. It's an indicator only. Not a perfect gauge. 2% fluctuation is nothing to be concerned with.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You are running iOS 7 so it could be all sorts of things. Glitch in the battery usage meter, someone running in background like push email, parallax not chilling like it should. Who knows. If you updated rather than a clean install it could be something carried over from iOS 6.

4. jcdm thread starter macrumors member

You mean it would remain at 98%

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

No, he's saying the percent indicator isn't always 100% accurate. What you described also happens in iOS 6 and before.

6. airbelchris macrumors regular

my iphone went from 15 percent to 28 percent after a reboot. that has me more than mildly concerned.

7. mwinget macrumors member

Last night I was running my phone and the battery meter showed 45%. Then the phone shut down by itself.. When I tried to turn it back on, I got the icon that it was out of power. When I plugged the phone back in, the meter showed 45% power available, and it started charging.

I"m concerned about the inaccuracy of the power meter that is on the phone. However, it does seem to have stopped doing random reboots.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's a beta. Not all the calibrations have been finished. You can be concerned once iOS 7 ships and your phone is still doing that.

9. airbelchris macrumors regular

im concerned that it went from 0 to 25% its getting more and more eratic now...

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it was like this on ios5, 6, and beta 7. its perfectly normal across all my ios devices. unplug, use it to 98-99% and reboot = back to 100%. happens all the time to me. it has nothing to do with ios 7.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Nobody said what you're describing wasn't normal. It's happened to me before as well. I was replying to the comment above where after a reboot the battery meter went from 15% to 28%. That's not normal behavior and I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with iOS7 being in beta. :rolleyes:

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea thats not normal. i thought you were referring to the dropping 2% from 100%, then rebooting back to 100.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Did you try a fresh install or Reset All Settings? Might help.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Usually a 2% fluctuation is nothing to be concerned with. Unless your iPhone has some battery mileage, then don't loose much sleep over it.

15. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

The biggest surprise to me in this beta is my iphone 5 is still on 100% in the morning after I hit the hay. I previously worked out that push was using up 3% over night. But now 0% over night, that's very impressive.

16. airbelchris macrumors regular

yes. it didnt