Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
You know, when you break down the cost of the games like that, it isn't too bad. My issue is after paying $59.99, and the game is simply awful or full of bugs...
Yeah, especially when the game is broke and needs a needed update.

I wanted to give The Division another chance when update 1.4 was released, but I opted to sell it.

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I like both, as both are very different. COD (I don't have the newest) is more close, up and personal. Where as BF is more wide open with many ways to attack your objective, and is team play is more important. I probably like BF slightly better, but they are typically both good. Keep in mind the latest BF game is WWI, so the weapons are old school. Mainly open sites, but love the tanks and plans, and what they add to the game. I guess I lean BF1. Also I have seen it for $35 right now. I think it was at Best Buy.
[doublepost=1480430016][/doublepost]
Yeah, especially when the game is broke and needs a needed update.

I wanted to give The Division another chance when update 1.4 was released, but I opted to sell it.

I love that game, but I did start with the 1.4 update and paid $10 the other day. I have only about 11 hours into it. But I really like cover based shooters, and the addition of fairly deep RPG elements for a game like this is really nice. Crafting your weapons, armor, etc. makes for some nice additions. I find I am actually playing it more than BF1 right now.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I like both, as both are very different. COD (I don't have the newest) is more close, up and personal. Where as BF is more wide open with many ways to attack your objective, and is team play is more important. I probably like BF slightly better, but they are typically both good. Keep in mind the latest BF game is WWI, so the weapons are old school. Mainly open sites, but love the tanks and plans, and what they add to the game. I guess I lean BF1. Also I have seen it for $35 right now. I think it was at Best Buy.
[doublepost=1480430016][/doublepost]

I love that game, but I did start with the 1.4 update and paid $10 the other day. I have only about 11 hours into it. But I really like cover based shooters, and the addition of fairly deep RPG elements for a game like this is really nice. Crafting your weapons, armor, etc. makes for some nice additions. I find I am actually playing it more than BF1 right now.
It's definitely a fun game. With all that I'm now reading about how much the update has helped the game, I feel like I want to re-buy the game and play again.

Three141

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2016
London
Tough choice but I would go with Battlefield 1.
Make no mistake COD4 re-mastered has been a dream of mine forever, it was by far my favourite game on the PS3 and completing it on veteran and getting the gold cross on multiplayer is something I look back on with a stupid big grin but the pricing is not fair they need to sell it as a cheaper separate game.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I ended up going totally against the grain, and bought Titanfall 2, today. It was and is on sale for $35.99, direct from Microsoft/Xbox.

After a few hours of play, let's just say, I'm awful at Titanfall 2 :(

Tough choice but I would go with Battlefield 1.
Make no mistake COD4 re-mastered has been a dream of mine forever, it was by far my favourite game on the PS3 and completing it on veteran and getting the gold cross on multiplayer is something I look back on with a stupid big grin but the pricing is not fair they need to sell it as a cheaper separate game.

Reactions: Three141

Three141

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2016
London
I ended up going totally against the grain, and bought Titanfall 2, today. It was and is on sale for $35.99, direct from Microsoft/Xbox.

After a few hours of play, let's just say, I'm awful at Titanfall 2 :(

Lol you will get better mate! I've not played Titanfall but the reviews I've seen have been good so it looks like you bought a good game. Since a bulk of the guys who made Titanfall made the original COD4, hopefully they will capture that magic.

I will say this I sucked at COD4 at first but playing through the campaign on easy, medium, hard and then veteran helped me improve.

Hope you have hours of fun with this game!

Reactions: circatee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.