Bayonetta- Any Good?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Huntn, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

2. MRU Suspended

MRU

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=834794

From the other thread....

Supplemental.

The game is a really great action game. I'm really enjoying it and there are some really memorable moments.

The enemies are memorable and the presentation excels at all times, regardless if you can understand it.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

IGN, the internet's preeminent video game review site, said the 360 version is the best action game they've ever played, but the PS3 version lags far behind.

Based on my experience, it's pretty awesome indeed. Not perfect, and maybe or maybe not the best 3D hack and slash game I've played, but very good.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I played the demo, and it didn't do anything for me (besides making me go "wtf?" a couple of times).

Then again, I also grew bored with Devil May Cry after a few levels, so your mileage may vary...

5. MRU Suspended

MRU

They tell the story Taranteno esque. Small chunks of unfathomable information in random order with excrutiating dialogue and somehow in it's final moments in seems to come together and make sense (kind of). Of course also Tarrnteno esque it's chock full of violence too :)

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

You have to play this game drunk because I didn't know WTF was happening...I thought I took the wrong pill.

Bless

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Lol. Thanks guys, I'll be downloading the demo for a quick run through and look for a Darksider demo while I'm at it. :)

8. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I'm really enjoying playing Bayonetta... That is when we actually get to play. I think the cutscenes are way too long especially in the beginning and everytime you get a new weapon and so on. It will be much better once I finish the game and then can skip all the cutscenes for non-stop action :) In short: gameplay is sweet, way too many cutscenes stopping you from "climaxing".

9. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Sounds like my experience when playing MGS4. As a completionist, I just had to watch the cutscenes the first time through. You know, don't want to miss something. But damn, the next time through, when you skip all that crap, the game is just SOOOO much better paced and much more fun.

10. ymmot macrumors newbie

the best act game ever....
    way more better than DMC4 and NG2

11. MRU Suspended

MRU

Enough about my sex life already :rolleyes:

:p
    :p

12. TDHXXX macrumors regular