Beats by Dr. Dre Anyone have 'em??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Giver '94, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I was just wondering what people think of these headphones. I hear good things but it'd be great to hear from some MR users who have them. Thanks! :)

2. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

I don't have been I have played with at apple and the sound quality kick ass.

3. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have a pair, and honestly, I don't use them too often. The sound quality is amazing, but I listen to a lot of metal, and these headphones are VERY bass heavy, and a lot of the music I listen to is down tuned, and the sound gets muddy because of the bass. For other styles of music, that isn't as deep, they are top notch.

4. Mr D macrumors 6502

I just got these yesterday. I did not pay the MSRP at $350.00, and I'm not sure I would if I had to.

However, the SQ on these things are great. I'm not sure where the above user got the impression that they are "bass" heavy, because honestly, they're not. Visit some head phone forums such as head-fi, and you'll read that many people recognize these are not bass heavy. There are a good amount of reviews on amazon.com right now too.

I would highly suggest them, or at least give them a test run. Best Buy has a 30 day return policy. You have to try these at home... when I listened to them in the Apple store it did not give me nearly the same experience as when I listened to them on my own.

I love them, and will be using them whenever I can. I should have got these earlier.

Might I also suggest getting a Fiio amp... these will change your music listening life.

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

It's just how mine are. The bass is EXTREMELY heavy in this set, almost too much. If you read my post, I even mentioned that when listening to any other style of music, the sound quality is spot on. Try listening to something like Bolt Thrower, or Hail of Bullets through them. You'll see what I mean. Take a distorted guitar down tuned to B, add bass, kick drums, and death metal vocals, all fighting for the same low end range, and things tend to get muddy. Other headphones handle this range better.

6. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Everybody knows how the Apple earbuds sound, so let's A/B against them. Until then, these comments are pointless.

7. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I have the tour ones (in ear ) and there nice but not worth the 180$$ they just don't sound that much better than the half dozen cheaper pairs I have but they are great build quality.

8. duellos macrumors member

It was also dicussed different apple product u have. Apparenlty different apple products uses different audio for the music.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have a pair of the Tour HD in-ear beats. It has the Control Talk and flat, tangle-free cable. I love mine, and I've gone through a lot of earphones. The music sounds crisp and clear. Also, the attachment makes a secure fit that it almost isolates me from all sounds, but at the same time I don't have that annoying sound of hearing myself. With other earphones, every chew, step, etc I was able to hear. But with these, those sounds lessened and it didn't interfere with the music. I've had mine for nearly a year.

10. IcyStorm macrumors regular

Not worth the money, is basically it. You can get the same quality for less, and better quality for the same amount of money.

11. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I have the solo's . I use em a lot on campus going between campus. Also at work (Retail) when we are cleaning up after we close. I usually either vacuum the place or when we have tags and signs to put up, I don't have to hear the vacuum going all the time or be bored in silence. Great for noise canceling

To some people $179.99 is a lot or "not worth" it for headphones , but if you got the $ they I say go for it

Im sure most places have 30 return policy anyways

12. labman, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

check reviews on sites like amazon. Some love them some don't. I listened to them and I'd never pay the $$$ for them. Why pay a premium for exaggerated sound. Look at something like the grado line instead or several other brands. your friends might not think they are as cool looking but the sound and build quality blows dre away. It really depends if you want style or sound.

13. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sound great. Bass heavy. Look badass. But just overpriced for the name. You can get same quality for less. But if unwant the beats
    And money not a prob,,,then Get em u will be happy. If u go to best buy then get their warranty plan

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yeah, about the warranty. They come with a one year warranty and I purchased an additional 3 year ADH warranty from Squaretrade for $25.

15. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

ST is awesome. i just did the best buy one because i was hoping if something happened they're replace for whatever was in stock if mine were discountinued...i used mine at the gym so i figured they might not last as long...i did end up needin to get them replaced, so i got the s4's instead. the only ibeats were the lady gaga ones lol. s4's a very nice. stay in my ear better too. rarely do ear buds stay in my ears nicely. the basic iphone ones do, but those are ******. i do wear them when i run tho

also did u get em online? it'll save u a grip of money

16. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I bought mine from Best Buy since I didn't want to risk getting a fake set. I wanted something I could hold in my hand before I purchased it. That was more worth it than saving money and risking a fake, even with Amazon. As some reviewers have said, they have received fake beats. The BestBuy warranty is a 2 year protection plan for $19.99, not a replacement plan. SquareTrade covers for 3 years and replaces for accidents and damages for $5 more.

17. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

They're strictly for teenagers. Better headphones exist for much less.

18. luked14 macrumors 6502

I second that. I have a pair of Audio Technica M50s that run circles around the Beats Studios for half the price.

19. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

teenagers or maybe just people who generally listen/like more bass in their music? the headphones and ear buds great quality. just over priced because of the name dre. when my ibeats broke i got some s4's

----------

that's an opinion....maybe he doesn't mind pay more for the syle or name. do your have great sounding bass like his?

20. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Right now I've got some S4i's and being a teenager the Beats are the "cool thing". I like mine, but I do want a pair of over the ears for pre game and etc. I found that Monster's refurbished ones are only $99 for the Solo HD's, is that a good deal. And studio vs solo, any thoughts on which is better?

21. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

where would u be buying them from?

22. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Monster.com outlet store

23. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

if one costs more it's probably better. i'd go to amazon and best buy, their websites...type each of the and read reviews.....i know people are sayng they're a waste of money, which might be true. monster is a reputable brand..but yes with 'dre' on them theyll be more. if you want to save money and get something as good that's def possible (not sure if the bass will be as high) or if you wanna spend the amount the beats cost, but want somethng even better that is a possibikity too. and if u want beats, because they're pretty badass looking and sounding, then get em..just of those two syles i'd look up reviews

or google stuf like beats solo vs beats studio

----------

after research beats studio are superior

get a warranty though. thru the store or square trade. whatever is better

----------

you play ball?

24. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Sounds good

And yea Football and Baseball

25. bl00per macrumors member

Better headphones for less...

I dare you to go to Head-Fi and ask this...