Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
It would be the winner to me, if it had an iPad/desktop app, a radio function, and the curated playlists were longer than an hour. It's, unfortunately, not a service you can fire up and kinda forget about.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I didn't care for it. If I wanted to listen to Alternative it would show me a bunch of play lists with like a dozen songs on it. :confused:

I'll stick to Spotify and Pandora One. I use Pandora One to discover new music and then add the tracks I like into Spotify and keep it on my phone.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I pay for iTunes Match, Google Music, Xbox Music, Sony Music, Amazon Cloud Player...

And I have SiriusXM.

Oh why do I bother. :eek:

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I prefer Spotify UI and their desktop app and online site. I just wish Spotify would add family accounts.

The Beatz app has crashed on me twice and completely froze while attempting to use it during the trial.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
I didn't care for it. If I wanted to listen to Alternative it would show me a bunch of play lists with like a dozen songs on it. :confused:

I'll stick to Spotify and Pandora One. I use Pandora One to discover new music and then add the tracks I like into Spotify and keep it on my phone.

That's the other issue. The playlists themselves are great, they're just really short. Spotify's playlists are HOURS long, plus if you use something like Lazify you can toss a song you like and boom, there's 8 hours of similar music.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Beats music IQ is MUCH higher, than Spotify.

In what sense? They don't have a radio feature, so if you're talking about its "Just For You" suggestions, yes, those are good, but only if you happen to be sticking with well known artists.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Just in the sense that it seems to present more options that you actually want to hear.

penfan82

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
I tried it I would really like it but I had alot of issues with crashing and the songs sometimes took forever to download or not at all especially when playing offline I'll stick with rdio for now

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Well 3 months later, I'm still going strong.

Although, there are still occasional glitches, I'm still enjoying the service very very much.

I honestly think that Spotify users, have Beats Music to thank for the MUCH NEEDED update to Spotify back in April.

Still, however, after opening up Spotify again recently, I see how sterile the app is, and lacks personality. Beats Music on the other hand is just more friendly and inviting.

With Apple possibly acquiring Beats Music, I wonder what this would mean for Android Beats Music listeners!? Or would Apple leave it as a stand alone service!?

There's a reason Apple has interest in Beats and not Spotify... Beats was built in the same vein as an Apple product.

I mean just look at Beats Music website, and tell me that doesn't look like an Apple web page!?

Anyway, now that Beats Music is a little bit older now, and a lot of trials are over for the service what are your thoughts!? Particularly want to know those thoughts, from paying subscribers of either!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.