Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Beats by Dre brand today unveiled a new NBA collection, with Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones available in six colorways representing the Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers, Toronto Raptors, and Boston Celtics.

Each pair of headphones is a different color with subtle same-color logo branding for each NBA team.

beatsnbacollection-800x529.jpg
Get closer to your music and show love for the team you rep with the Beats NBA Collection. These Beats Studio3 Wireless headphones, worn by some of your favorite players, feature your team's authentic colors and iconic logos. The final result is a collection designed just for the fans, honoring the spirit and emotion that makes up each of the six available team options.
The NBA Collection Studio 3 Wireless Headphones are priced at $349 and offer the same features as all other Beats Studio 3 Wireless headphones such as a W1 chip for pairing, 22 hours of battery life, Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling, and more.

Apple announced a Beats by Dre partnership with the NBA back in September, which makes Beats by Dre the official headphone, wireless speaker, and audio partner of the NBA and sister associations WNBA, NBA G League, and USA Basketball.

beatslakers-800x710.jpg

In addition to offering NBA-themed headphones for fans, Beats will also provide headphones for players and advertise during major events like the NBA All-Star, NBA Draft, international games, WNBA games, and more.

Article Link: Apple's Beats by Dre Brand Unveils New NBA Collection

abrantes09

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2019
I think Apple is going to kill beats if these "ProPod" headphones are gonna work out, we can all say bye to Dr. Dre...

Reactions: yaxomoxay

Spizike9

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
In the wireless market the two standard bearers are the Bose QC 35 II and the Sony 1000xm3. Honestly, I would recommend trying 1000xm2 if you can get a good deal. They're really, really good.
[doublepost=1550193200][/doublepost]
No what's not?

Apple riding on Beat’s reputation, just like they’ve been riding on their own.

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Apple riding on Beat’s reputation, just like they’ve been riding on their own.
Maybe a little bit, but most of Apple's products are in the running for the best in their field. At the very least, they make a viable alternative worth considering for most consumers.

abrantes09

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2019
It has been ridiculous. That won't stop the kids from wanting a pair. For many, it is a status symbol, unlike the Members Only jacket I used to wear.

To be completely honest with you, beats are now for the people who can't afford airpods. It's hard to explain, but recently, airpods have taken #1 for highest status symbol in society aside from money. Beats have been demoted.
[doublepost=1550194780][/doublepost]
No sarcasm at all. Beats doesn't hold a candle to any of the other wireless headphones on the market.
Completely agree. They are irrelevant now. Kinda sad. I liked my old pair of beats.
[doublepost=1550194930][/doublepost]
Any good recommendations? Seriously.

Gonna say AirPods are my go-to headphones. They beat out my Beats Solo 3's
Agreed. I'm trying to come up with creative ways to stay in the ecosystem but I don't want to pay $1000 for a phone

Buy the refurbished X for around $700. It'll be worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digger148

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
In the wireless market the two standard bearers are the Bose QC 35 II and the Sony 1000xm3.
Those are the two standard bearers for noise cancelling. They aren't the standard bearer for wireless headsets that focus on sound. Much better sound can be had from brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, AKG... I could on for a long time.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
Beats are so damn tacky, damn. I recently got these:

MW60_brown_gallery_5_8d59c702-b694-41d8-8db6-aad7309d8998_1024x1024__88887.1478521841.jpg

Master & Dynamic MW60

Aren't they just gorgeous? The build material is perfect: only aluminium, steel and crazy soft lambskin leather. No plastic crap or pieces of metal inside to make them heavy, 'expensive' feeling.

The sound is really great too and the range is pretty awesome.
Style-wise, these fit much, much better with Apple tech.

Quick snapshot of mine:

IMG_4250.jpeg

Love 'em! :D

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Those are the two standard bearers for noise cancelling. They aren't the standard bearer for wireless headsets that focus on sound. Much better sound can be had from brands like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, AKG... I could on for a long time.
Agreed. I like Sennheiser a lot, but when we talk about Beats (specifically the ones in the original post), they fall squarely in the noise cancelling over sound quality category. That's why, when someone asks for an alternative to Studio 3, I say Sony and Bose.

Reactions: wlossw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.