Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks captain obvious. I know what MLS is. I think it's stupid when people repeat the last letter of an acronym like "ATM machine", or in this case "MLS soccer". And just because MLS.com is taken it doesn't mean someone with half a creative brain couldn't have come up with something less inane.
mlsbutnotthamls.com was already taken.

mandrake2016

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2016
I wish Apple would acquire Comcast NBCUniversal. The state of TV is garbage, because of Comcast NBCUniversal, and sadly sports are trapped on the sinking ship for now.

AppleFanBoyForever

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
I like watching soccer games. You never know what these players will get up to. From a full on face plant to grabbing each others junk. Hilarious.:oops:😆

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Maybe mls.game, which is available. MLS actually also owns majorleaguesoccer.com, which redirects to mlssoccer.com. Writing it out in full is much better than what they have as their main domain imo.
Continuing the slightly silly discussion, that domain wasn't available in 2001 when MLS bought their domain. MLS.com was bought in 94, which is before MLS became a thing.

On the actual subject at hand, I wonder why they always limit these to a few teams to start. This printing can't be that hard to do for the entire league.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Continuing the slightly silly discussion, that domain wasn't available in 2001 when MLS bought their domain. MLS.com was bought in 94, which is before MLS became a thing.

On the actual subject at hand, I wonder why they always limit these to a few teams to start. This printing can't be that hard to do for the entire league.
mlsoccer.com also redirects to mlssoccer.com, but perhaps that should have been reversed. mlsfootball.com is a ml soccer blog.

This might be a silly discussion but it’s hands down more interesting than whether Vision Pro will fail.

Reactions: StuBeck

MacFarmer

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2022
will this even be popular? I thought only miami now are getting some attention since Messi joined. From what I've seen on beckham show, seems like the league is in a sad state..

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
mlsoccer.com also redirects to mlssoccer.com, but perhaps that should have been reversed. mlsfootball.com is a ml soccer blog.

This might be a silly discussion but it’s hands down more interesting than whether Vision Pro will fail.
I agree! I think its one of those things that going from initials to word while technically correct looks terrible as a URL.

jayb3

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2015
So amusing that the hot topic in this forum about MLS branded Beats headphones is that the MLS has completely chosen the wrong domain name. Like nobody has thought about this "soccer" thing in America before. Ignorance :rolleyes:

drumcat

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Otautahi, Aotearoa
Uhhhh…. It’s football…

The US called it football, or association football, but the English came up with calling association "socca" and then normed it to soccer… it caught on in the US, then inexplicably, the English switched back and act like they had nothing to do with it.

And during that time, gridiron became popular, so there's no going back.

It's called soccer. Or football.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.