Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ust82gopher

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
I think Beats makes great earbuds and headphone. But I will never buy another product until they figure out the charging. The earbuds NEVER fit properly in the case - PowerBeats and now this comment on the new Studio Buds. Even worse - it they don't fit right, the case drains the remaining battery power!! Can not tell you how many times I have gone to use the Powerbeats only to have one bud with no battery charge. Will someone please figure this out!

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I hope the PowerBeats Pro is not discontinued. It would be nice if they updated them with noise cancellation.

I have a feeling that they'll go cheaper rather than going better, with the next PBP. The last couple of beats products definitely seem to be aimed as commodity items (Beats Flex, these - heck, most generations of Powerbeats saw discounts that Apple products never do. In fact, right now, Apple themselves are selling PBP on their own website at a 30% discount...)

* Replace the PBP with Powerbeats Studio. Same design as now, minus the H1 chip - instead using whatever connectivity they did here for the BSB. Make the case USB-C. Heck, maybe it's cheap enough to throw in ANC too...

* Introduce Airpods Pro Sport

• Disagree
Reactions: DeepIn2U

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
don't include an H1 or W1 chip, so they're also missing out a few other features like seamless cross-device pairing
Really? So does that mean I can only use it with one device at a time? Can’t just pick up with Apple TV or anything? Does that also limit sharing with another person?

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Definitely considering replacing my AirPod pro’s with these! They look like they’ll fit my ear better due to the stemless design.

• Disagree

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
So for the $180 Canadian price, I can spend $9 more to buy last year's Jabra 75T Elite Active earbuds that basically do the same thing AND have on-board volume control, plus some other features.

That's basically my dilemma here.

himanshumodi

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
India
Tempted to have these for my new gym buds.

Air Pod Pros don't always stay in.

Do airpods stay in the ear for you? They do for me, but I am about to buy a new pair, and tending towards pros... but might either go for PowerBeats pro or regular airpods if airpod pros are harder to keep in while working out

SRQrws

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2020
I think Beats makes great earbuds and headphone. But I will never buy another product until they figure out the charging. The earbuds NEVER fit properly in the case - PowerBeats and now this comment on the new Studio Buds. Even worse - it they don't fit right, the case drains the remaining battery power!! Can not tell you how many times I have gone to use the Powerbeats only to have one bud with no battery charge. Will someone please figure this out!
I've had the same issue with my Airpod Pros. Seems about half the time I put them in the case to charge, one of them doesn't. Re-seating makes it work, but definitely a pain.

Reactions: Syk

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Do airpods stay in the ear for you? They do for me, but I am about to buy a new pair, and tending towards pros... but might either go for PowerBeats pro or regular airpods if airpod pros are harder to keep in while working out
They stay in for the most part, especially for every day use. But at the gym it depends on the physical activity I'm doing. The elliptical or incline bench might cause problems for me.

Minato1990

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2017
I hope the PowerBeats Pro is not discontinued. It would be nice if they updated them with noise cancellation.
Probably won't
These buds aren't workout earphones especially since there is no hook.
The Powerbeats pro is the best earphones for working out like by miles

With that being said I dig those Buds will buy since I'm not too keen on using my powerbeats pro for casual use since they are my workout only buds. I won't even bother preordering I'll try to snatch one on the 25th with an instore pick up.

Reactions: Runs For Fun
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.