beats tour headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by boateng, Oct 25, 2013.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

are these any good?

i was thinking of getting these.....beats get such a hammering by some people but i am by no means an audiophile

2. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

3. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

I'm using my Beats Tour right now. They're good, but you should definitely get the warranty at Bestbuy. (Warranty is $20 and they'll replace them for up to 2 years.)

Do people recommend them? Not often.
    Do I like them? Yes.

It all comes down to your taste.

4. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

oh because they break easily?

I am not really an audiophile like i said but i have heard terrible things about them....
    so you like them yeah?

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No because you'd be stupid not to pay $20 for a 2 year replacement. I just returned my jaybird freedoms because my 2 year warranty was almost up. I get $100+ gift card to buy anything I want and rented a killer set of bluetooth headphones for 2 years for the grand total of $20.

As far as beats if you want all the "kids" to think you're cool go ahead and get them. If you want decent sounding cans for a way better price do a bit more homework OR buy the fakes off aliexpress.com for $30 and save yourself a ton of cash. Fakes sound about as good for WAY less.

6. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm I'm from the uk
    we don't have best buy anymore

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have these. I like them, I think they sound good. I've owned both version 1 and version 2. The version 2 - which, of course is the most current one, is far greater than the first one. The build quality is greater and the sound quality is better. Also, I recommend getting some sort of third-party warranty like SquareTrade just in case since they are pricey and arguably fragile. The version 2 seems more resilient than the first one; so maybe it won't suffer all the quality issues that some people were having which makes an additional warranty a moot point, but you never know. I got mine for $20 with ADH and 30% (which is always readily available) through SquareTrade.

8. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm not sure

a lot of people say beats earphones are trash and not worth the money....whilst your saying they are good. They cost £130 from the beats website and apple shop so they are expensive. Not sure if i should buy them tbh

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Doh!! Well any time you can get a warranty for such a low price you HAVE to do it.... stupid not to IMHO.
    I get them on all my electronics when it's offered. I have not paid for an xbox controller for 4 years because of doing this. It wears out, I take it in, swap it out for new, pay the $7.50 or so and start all over again. (guess technically I pay $7.50 for one)

10. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

It's up to you, it's your money. They sound good to me and also the version 2 is better than the previous version in both sound and build quality. They've only been out for a several months. It won't affect me either way if you get it or not, just giving you my experience with them.

11. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm I guess so LOL

You can probs get better earphones for the price but beats are more of a fashion thing right?

12. Petrus68 macrumors newbie

Beats Wireless to Iphone 5S

To my Iphone 4S I used Beats Wireless headphones. Now I have an Iphone 5S. I thought the headphones will worked with my new cellphone but they were not. I wonder if anybody know an easy way to get the headphones worked with Iphone 5S. I don't want to buy new headphones.

13. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Same here. If you like them, I recommend them.

14. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

what's the difference between the urbeats and beats tours? is it worth getting the tours over the urbeats?

15. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Funny how you started off this thread by saying people are "hammering" beats, and now it seems like you are the one doing that. And, I'm not some hardcore Beats fan either. I've had Bose, SOL Republic, Sennheiser, and other brands of earphones. Sound is subjective, and people have different preferences. Fashion? Um, I don't wear it to match anything - it's not some sort of clothing accessory.

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

In my opinion beats are more a fashion accessory than a headphone, it's not that they sound terrible, it's that they don't sound nearly as good as there price would make it seem. For the money there are several pairs that are better.

Here is a link to a post comparing several pairs in the same price range as the beats. iem comparison thread head-fi.org is a great resource for headphone info.

17. ABC5S macrumors 68040

18. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

19. musicjunky macrumors regular

You don't want to get this unless they're heavily discounted, in my opinion. There are a lot of smaller companies putting out better sounding and better value IEMs, Padics Aksent for instance.

20. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

21. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

they have very poor build quality

22. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I disagree. They has an issue with their jack but the II versions are pretty stout.

23. zipur macrumors 6502

Why do so many people push these? They sound o.k., they slip out of your ears, cable breaks. Sure they were the bomb 10 years ago but now there are much better options. If you are going for headset go for a purpose, meaning sports, water proof or bluetooth. Any headset today should have one of these three in the description. Sports - will stay in your ear. Water proof - long lasting you can work out without worry or BT - Which just makes sense to have wireless is the way to go...

24. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

No, they sound great. If the tips fall out get Comply foam or Shure foam tips. They sound 10X better than Tours or most headphones in the price range. Do you own a pair of S4i?

25. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

actually these suck hard. And tour easily wins due to build quality alone.