Beats X Repeated Failure

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dwmreg, Jul 12, 2019.

1. dwmreg macrumors member

Hello.

I've seen a few threads, but no news coverage on this yet, but I think the BEATS X headphones that Apple sells have a product defect.

See this thread https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/475370/Can't+turn+on+Beats+X

I've had two pair and in both cases the power light would fail and eventually you could not turn them on again.

I see people complaining about this a lot and I think Apple needs to recall this product. Considering their current track record with product quality. Keyboards, batteries, headphones, displays, etc.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

I'm still on my first pair of Beats X, from May 2017, and I use them every workday both to and from work. No issues except that the battery life has fallen off somewhat.

3. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The battery light of mine went out after 1.5 years of use. Very bad quality.

4. andreamaym macrumors member

I’ve had the same pair since their release in 2017... unfortunately the right earbud died today but I wouldn’t attribute it to a defect since I’ve caught me cat chewing on them in the past ;/ I’m doing my research and will likely replace them with truly wireless earbuds.

5. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Lol what does that mean ? If the battery was bad it most likely would of shorted out close when you bought it ...

6. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The light. The LED light.