iPhone XS Been getting notchless envy

After seeing so many notchless or heavily reduced notched phones, are you craving similar designs?

• Yes

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Nah, notch or no notch doesn't matter to me

Votes: 60 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I've been on the youtube a lot and there are sooooo many smart phone with either no notch or a very small notch.

At first I was like "whatever" but these phones just are getting really asthetically pleasing.

They look fantastic and, well, I'm jelly lol

Garemlin

Suspended
Oct 13, 2018
While I see many people say the notch doesn't bother them, I think someone being envious of the notch is a first.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
I am completely satisfied with my X and if I wasn't, I'd sell it and purchase something different. If your not happy or you're getting jealous, purchase something else. Easy fix...

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I am completely satisfied with my X and if I wasn't, I'd sell it and purchase something different. If your not happy or you're getting jealous, purchase something else. Easy fix...
No way! I’m keeping my iPhone X. These cheap knock offs are not my interest I just like the design of many now

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
This is how we walk away from the problem. And “something else “ for Apple user may mean much more than just using another phone. Just FYI.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The notch is and never will be a concern for those outside a tech site. I can understand it’s ‘different’ in terms of protruding into the display, but I can honestly say it’s never been a hindrance to me in anyway with the iPhone X/XS.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Notchless phones with no chin are great innovations. But no IOS means they can't match the current generation of iPhones.

Apple could make an option in iOS to eliminate the notch by simply not using that sliver of the screen, essentially creating a bezel on the top. Make it user selectable in settings.
Like the Pixel 3 XL? That's a dumb move - pushing everything down, & taking away the extra screen the notch gave you in the first place..o_O

I would never ever pay over $1000 for a notch. Waiting patiently for the no notch model.
You're paying for extra screen in a smaller device. :confused:

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
I would never ever pay over $1000 for a notch. Waiting patiently for the no notch model.
I wouldn't even buy one for $500. I have bought every iPhone since the first (minus 4s) and I still have the iPhone 7. I will never buy a phone with a notch. Maybe 3rd time lucky in September 2019, if not I will look at android phones.

My nephew went with android this time and I can't believe they offer a software option to get rid of the notch, well to actually mask it by making the stupid wings of the screen black, wish apple offered a software option

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Little v-neck notch is better than wide neck but no notch is even better.

Another Chinese market phone that will _never_ make its way to North America or even remotely compete against Samsung, let alone the iPhone. Essentially, it’s vapor.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
As has usually been the case, the extreme anti-notchers are the ones who have never used a phone with a notch.

Can't believe this is still a thing a year plus on.

Reactions: Five_Oh