Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Have I missed something in this thread?

Its difficult to say who's right or wrong or to give advise if there's no description of what settings (eg. display brightness, wifi on/off, bluetooth etc.) are typically used and a screenshot of all the main processes in activity monitor would be very useful.

Edit: Apologies, just saw post #18. Howabout bluetooth, backlit keyboard or anything else?

Last edited:

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
No. He said he turned the computer off and the battery drained. You said you use the computer for 3 hours and it runs low. Difference.

He did bring up a good point, however. Have you calibrated the battery?

Sorry but both happened to me. (let me rephrase my story). I was using my MBP I bought in 2009 for 9-10 months and it was running fine. Some where around months 11-12 I noticed I wasn't getting the presumed battery life. At first I was cool with it cause I was thinking that was norm. But I checked the "supposedly" battery life for my model. After monitor it I realized that 1-2hrs of battery life was not good, especially when I'm just surfing the web. After recalibrating it etc.. I took it back to the store

So, on the day I was taking it into the Apple store, I gave it a full charge, packed in my bag, and went to work. Normally, you would loose 2% of the charge. When I got to the APple store that night, the battery was completely drained. idk why this happened. But before going in, my battery was like what the OP said.

I also have the problem where the computer shuts down while working on it. The Genius thought it was battery related. But the battery was not working properly with the amount of cycles. Next month, I'm returning my MBP cause after the battery replacement, it still shuts down. :confused:

@AndrewR23 I would try calibrating the battery first and then if that doesn't help... take it back. Also get APple Care before your warrantee expires, because you may have more problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.