Before I go jailbroken...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GuillaumeB, Mar 3, 2008.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Alright, well i'm on 1.1.4 iPhone bought in November at the France's launch. Im gonna wait until the end of the week just in case but I'm thinking about jail breaking . I got a couple of questions for you.

- Where can I find a list of all third party software applications?

- Will I be able to replace the original sounds (especially the email alert sound or example)?

- If I decide to go back to the original iPhone state, with an iTune restore, will the guys at Apple be able to see that i jailbroke it? Will the warranty be back?

Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

To answer your questions:

1. A list of third party software out there is enormous and growing. Hence, compling a list of applications is not worth the hassle.

2. Yes you can replace any sound you like using 3rd party software. In fact, iBrickr, a tool by Nate True, allows you to do that also.

3. If you decide to go back to a normal state, just use the Restore option in iTunes and you are good to go.

Hope it helps

3. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hey thanks for your answer. just another point:

I read that when going back to the restore mode, the bootloader is downgraded by Ziphone, could this have any consequences for the Apple warranty?