SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
good looking.

What does it do to signal strength?
How does this case effect the signal?

We get this question a lot and there's more that plays into signal strength than the case. Apple has upgraded their whole antenna configuration and should help with any potential signal issues over prior versions. >> https://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-includes-significant-antenna-upgrades/

However, as I stated there's more to it than just the antenna. If your device doesn't have a case you can still see signal issues depending on how the device is held, where the towers are, etc. There are so many variables that effect this. The goal for this case was to reduce an potential signal issues the best we can. But with any case it's almost impossible to eliminate them because you are physically covering the antenna at it's source. If you see from this picture >>(http://kck.st/pDJgm2) we've added some EVA lining to help mitigate any potential problems.

Please also see update #6 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hone-4s-and-iphone-4-bumper-case/posts/130738

Thanks

Jason & Chung
Note that they spelled "affect" wrong.

-SGD

SinisterKid

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Roanoke, VA
Nothing conclusive yet on the price. But they were $65 for people on Kickstarter so I would assume when they come out retail i would like for about 75 or 80 bux to be reasonable.

Maybe Jason Valalik or someone else with the company will come across this post and post better information.

JagNL

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Wow looks nice, but no "on the table protection" for the front glass or am I missing it?

hizzaah

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
@ahfu that appears to just be bubbling of their screen protector

Doesn't appear to be any lay on the table design for the front.. This is the OP's kickstarter?

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
I would categorize that video as funny :p. Are there any folks with common sense out there ? lol

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
@ahfu that appears to just be bubbling of their screen protector

Doesn't appear to be any lay on the table design for the front.. This is the OP's kickstarter?
I noticed that too. Would have been good to add that little raised corners on the front also. If you drop this, face forward the glass is the first thing to hit the ground/cement.

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'll be buying one of these for sure. Hope they are available soon :)

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Looks awesome!

I so want one (or three) right now!!

Hurts it.
ofcourse:(

4 or 4s?

EDIT: I'm surprised there aren't any sharp pictures of the buttons on this case, i can only see it from one pic but it's blurry. How are the buttons? And how do they feel?

Last edited:

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
Looks awesome!

I so want one (or three) right now!!

ofcourse:(

4 or 4s?

EDIT: I'm surprised there aren't any sharp pictures of the buttons on this case, i can only see it from one pic but it's blurry. How are the buttons? And how do they feel?
There are more photos on the kickstarter page. Such as this one:

I really like the rocker-style volume buttons.

What we need to do is (1) track down some owners and (2) bribe them to post reviews here!

Regarding signal loss, read this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hone-4s-and-iphone-4-bumper-case/posts/130738

-SGD

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
There are more photos on the kickstarter page. Such as this one:

I really like the rocker-style volume buttons.

What we need to do is (1) track down some owners and (2) bribe them to post reviews here!

Regarding signal loss, read this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hone-4s-and-iphone-4-bumper-case/posts/130738

-SGD
Oh, i missed that :) Thanks!

Yeah it looks like a really neat case! Showed the pictures to some of my friends and pretty much all of them wants one now.. hehe..

I wonder when they are ready for production again! Would be great if you could get one before christmas, but i don't think that's going to happen.

Btw, what's up with people voting down your reply to me? I don't get some people, you helped me and deserve a vote up not down.. These people really get on my nerves. Makes the world such a nice place to interact with, heh... irony :p

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
Oh, i missed that :) Thanks!

Yeah it looks like a really neat case! Showed the pictures to some of my friends and pretty much all of them wants one now.. hehe..

I wonder when they are ready for production again! Would be great if you could get one before christmas, but i don't think that's going to happen.

Btw, what's up with people voting down your reply to me? I don't get some people, you helped me and deserve a vote up not down.. These people really get on my nerves. Makes the world such a nice place to interact with, heh... irony :p
It's the internet!

Maybe they think I'm an investor. Because, you know, nobody recommends a product without an agenda! :rolleyes:

Your post got downvoted too. Seems like you are guilty as well by association!

-SGD

osubuckeye

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
With all respect to the fact that the bumper on this thread is not a "knock-off" and has sweet buttons...

Doesn't this remind people of the sword?

sword will apparently run you 1/3 - 1/5 of the price depending on what they decide.

I mean... all that money for a cool button layout? What else makes this aluminum case much better than the other aluminum case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.