Believe (NBC)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Four episodes in and I'm enjoying this despite the little girl with the police scouring the city for her and her Dad, insisting on taking side quests to do good deeds. She's a little too smug for me at times, but I'll keep watching :p

For those not familiar, a thriller very much along the lines of Fire Starter. The evil head scientist Kyle MacLachlan, of Twin Peaks fame, is a sociopath who treats his "students" as guinea pigs, they and the collateral damage seem to be just fine by him, as long as he retrieves his prize girl (Bo).

Of possible interest, I don't normally watch TV episodes on my iPad, but I missed last night's show, and watched this today via the NBC app. Worked like a charm, no log-in required. I was amazed that for an hour video, it only knocked down my iPad about 8%.

[​IMG]

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I'm lukewarm on this show. The girl's cute, the concept is ok but the "side jobs" she does to help others along the way seem kind of forced.

3. NukeIT macrumors regular

I am watching for now. Seeing where it goes for a few more weeks.

I like Delroy Lindo as an actor so will give it some leeway

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Apparently this is her nature, every time that blue butterfly shows up. :p She has a gift. I just hope it does not become an obligatory plot feature for each episode, but I admit if not over done, it does flesh out the story with human interest, instead of run, run, run. It is as if she is oblivious to the danger around her or she does not feel it's that big of a threat as compared to what she is compelled to do, help people. In either case she's willing to take her chances. Unfortunately for Tate (her Father) it means he can't trust her to listen... at all. So much for getting sleep. :eek: It also seems to indicate that if (evil scientist) Skouras ever gets his hands on her, he may find himself in over his head.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm watching the show and I really like it a lot. I use the NBC app to watch it and some other shows all the time. It works really well but I feel like they make me watch a ad every 5 minutes. I still need to watch last Sundays I will be doing that tonight.

6. Huntn, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Tonight's episode nicely balanced, thumbs up. The first time where helping someone was directly tied to the story.

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Believe- Good season finale. Series is cancelled.:(

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm 3 episodes behind :eek: I need to get on that

9. NukeIT macrumors regular

Once I heard they were cancelling it. I stopped watching.

10. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

My critique was that the requirement for Bo to help someone each episode took away from the reality of their situation, diminishing the dire nature of their flight with a sinister organization and the Federal Govt conducting a manhunt for her and her Dad. I've always thought that stories based on continuous flight are hard to sustain, more suitable to a movie or limited series. You could tell in the finale that this series had been cut off.

SpoilerGo to Mexico and live a normal life? With her abilities, I didn't see that happening.

11. teamgot963 macrumors newbie

think so, It works really well but I feel like they make me watch a ad every 5 minutes. I still need to watch last Sundays I will be doing that tonight. thanks[​IMG]