Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With pre-orders now available for the Vision Pro, the first accessories for the upcoming device are starting to come out. So far, both Belkin and Spigen have announced Vision Pro-related products.

vision-pro-battery-pack-holder.jpg

Belkin worked with Apple to design a Battery Holder for the Vision Pro Battery Pack. Priced at $50, the Belkin Battery Holder for Apple Vision Pro is the only non-Apple accessory that Apple is selling for Vision Pro at this time.

The Vision Pro battery fits inside the Battery Holder, which can be worn with a cross-body strap or a cable clip that clips on to a belt or pants. Apple is selling the accessory as an add-on for those that do not have a pocket to put the battery in while wearing the Vision Pro.

Spigen has debuted a Vision Pro pouch that offers protection for the device when it's not in use. Priced at $90, Spigen's case is more than $100 cheaper than the $200 Vision Pro Travel Case that Apple is selling.

vision-pro-spigen-case.jpg

Spigen's case features a nylon exterior, leather carrying strap, and an EVA shell for protection. There's a padded interior that secures the Vision Pro in place, along with a secret AirTag compartment for tracking the Vision Pro. It also appears to have space for the Vision Pro battery pack, cable, and ZEISS lens inserts. The case is set to deliver between February 21 and 23, so it won't be available right at launch day.

speck-vision-pro-accessories.jpg

Other accessory makers like Speck have started teasing Vision Pro products ranging from carrying cases to battery holders, so it shouldn't be long before we see a whole range of Vision Pro accessory options.

Article Link: Belkin and Spigen Debut Apple Vision Pro Accessories

spaxxedout

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2018
The Apple travel case is the best design I've seen from the company in years, but will stick to a shoebox. This is a personal, home computer for me.

Of note, clips to connect the battery to a mobile battery will be hot, but also 3d printable.

Reactions: Burnincoco

JordanCautious

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2023
Literally predicted this would happen a few days ago. What I really care about is third party batteries and straps. If Apple is charging $200 for that little puck, imagine how big a battery you could get from Anker if they make one. Or a better strap that’s not as pretty but super comfortable

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I'm not a Scrooge type, but all these accessories are so overpriced
They are always overpriced… have you seen the price of some accessories for AirTag? They are more expensive than AirTag itself.

Ive massively reduced my purchase of accessories for all my devices. Im much more ruthless in buying what i require, and not just buying what id like or might need.

Last edited:

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I ordered the case by Spigen, it looks nice, even an AirTag holder. And I like the dark color.
I just saw this article about 30 minutes ago but by the time I went to the link it was already unavailable. I guess I will have to wait a bit longer, but I'm not trying to pay $200 for a case.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Does anyone remember when Apple wouldn't crap on early adopters and include several accessories as kind of a thank you for buying their latest unproven product? When I got my iPod it came with a dock, a belt clip, a headphone wire extender with controls in it, a little bag to carry your accessories. I think iPhone had something similar, at least it came with a dock in the first iPhone and maybe a belt clip?

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Does anyone remember when Apple wouldn't crap on early adopters and include several accessories as kind of a thank you for buying their latest unproven product? When I got my iPod it came with a dock, a belt clip, a headphone wire extender with controls in it, a little bag to carry your accessories. I think iPhone had something similar, at least it came with a dock in the first iPhone and maybe a belt clip?
I remember docks. Belt clips were always third party. My first iPod case / clip was an owc leather one

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Accessory makers will quickly catch up with the availability of this product. How many iPhone cases is there? How many iPad cases? There's a few carrying case options for even Mac Studio.

Give especially them Asian nations a few more days. There will probably be 10 varieties by Feb 2 and 20 or 30 within weeks after these are in the wild and very specific measurements are readily available.

And I recall many great third-party batteries from OWC over many years... often improving on the amount of time they deliver vs. the Apple stock ones. I would expect them to have some good batteries and accessories soon... along with various other companies too.

This was day 1 of pre-launch. Time will reveal global entrepreneurs scrambling to deliver some desirable add-on accessory purchases ASAP. There's somewhat easy money to be made by not being towards last to the key accessories party.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Monkey

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Accessory makers will quickly catch up with the availability of this product. How many iPhone cases is there? How many iPad cases? There's a few carrying case options for even Mac Studio.

Give especially them Asian nations a few more days. There will probably be 10 varieties by Feb 2 and 20 or 30 within weeks after these are in the wild and very specific measurements are readily available.

And I recall many great third-party batteries from OWC over many years... often improving on the amount of time they deliver vs. the Apple stock ones. I would expect them to have some good batteries and accessories soon... along with various other companies too.

This was day 1 of pre-launch. Time will reveal global entrepreneurs scrambling to deliver some desirable add-on accessory purchases ASAP. There's somewhat easy money to be made by not being towards last to the key accessories party.
Yep agreed. It's a poor purchase to get the Apple case here. It's pretty, sure, but it will turn black/grey in use, as white is a terrible color for a case of this type. That Spigen looks good, and expect to see cheaper alternatives at a half or third of the price, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.