Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
So if one orders these googles is there nothing to put the battery into; does it just lay on the floor or something? Couldn't one just glue a $2 alligator clip to the battery that it comes with?

Last edited:
Reactions: arkitect

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
We see this with battery packs for iPhone and charging stands. I don’t really need things that cost $100-$200 to accessorize or support my products. My Lenovo Yoga came with a nice sleeve and pencil.

If I had cared I would have ordered 3 Spigen cases and resold them for $140 each. Except I don’t care.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Spigen's case is a very good alternative to the official case from Apple. Much cheaper. Other 3rd party cases should also be available soon.

Reactions: HobeSoundDarryl

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
Does anyone remember when Apple wouldn't crap on early adopters and include several accessories as kind of a thank you for buying their latest unproven product? When I got my iPod it came with a dock, a belt clip, a headphone wire extender with controls in it, a little bag to carry your accessories. I think iPhone had something similar, at least it came with a dock in the first iPhone and maybe a belt clip.

I certainly remember having a belt clip in the box of the first generation iPod mini, and dock with the first generation iPhone.

I ended up getting the universal dock in the end (which my iPod video still sits in on my TV cabinet).

I’m surprised that Apple didn’t do something like the first “Edition” Apple Watch and make Vision Pros case part of the retail packaging.

That touch of luxury needn’t have been given away for free, of course. Simply bumping the price another $200. Buyers wouldn’t have been any the wiser.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
I certainly remember having a belt clip in the box of the first generation iPod mini, and dock with the first generation iPhone.

I ended up getting the universal dock in the end (which my iPod video still sits in on my TV cabinet).

I’m surprised that Apple didn’t do something like the first “Edition” Apple Watch and make Vision Pros case part of the retail packaging.

That touch of luxury needn’t have been given away for free, of course. Simply bumping the price another $200. Buyers wouldn’t have been any the wiser.
Naw that's just taking advantage and you are right that's what came with the belt clip! I had a iPod mini also. I think in my "buying MP3 players" days I got a iPod 3rd get, iPod mini, and finally a PSP (which was cool but not that great of a MP3 player).

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The Apple travel case is the best design I've seen from the company in years, but will stick to a shoebox. This is a personal, home computer for me.

Of note, clips to connect the battery to a mobile battery will be hot, but also 3d printable.
Maybe the team working on the next generation AirPods Max can get some inspiration.

Reactions: spaxxedout

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm not a Scrooge type, but all these accessories are so overpriced

They would have to be. With such a small launch and a very small audience to which to sell, no one is going to sell millions of whatever they make. Between, R&D, engineering, set-up and materials, the price will have to be high to overcome development costs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.