Belkin Grip Vue clear - yellowing problem?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by zen, May 16, 2010.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

This seems to be buried in the other Belkin threads but is a major, major problem if it is true.

There are a handful of reports that the Belkin Grip Vue clear version is turning yellow after just a few weeks. How many people have seen that with their cases?

Also, does this perhaps only affect the first version of the case? Belkin updated the case at the end of April to a slimmer version which apparently has a very slight blue tinge, perhaps to combat the yellowing?

Looks like the search for the perfect clear shell case just got harder.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Mine is isn't yellowing at all and I had it for more then two weeks now I think. It's the updated version.

3. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Right, so a very slight blue tinge to it? I guess it would be impossible to tell without having an original to compare it with.

How do you find the fit? More reports of the revised case being a little loose around the edges.

4. steel magnolia macrumors regular

I have the original and mine has yellowed, Keep forgetting to contact Bellkin about it, thanks for the reminder!

Patty

5. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Hmm, maybe a coloured Hard Candy Sleek Skin is the way to go.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Nope, it's very tight and fits perfectly on the iPad.

7. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

I've had mine for two weeks and it's fine. No yellowing here, by the way it's the newer version.

8. garethjs macrumors 6502a

Anything clear will yellow after awhile. It's due to the build up of oil from our hands.

A violet clear case will probably help make this less obvious.

Alternatively u could go for the black. Don't forget the belkin grip vue's are all translucent. So u still get to see the apple logo.

9. orlandocano macrumors regular

Belkin customer support

18002235546 - then press option 5 twice. That will get you to a customer service rep that will help you.

The good news? They will do a warranty replacement..

The bad news? They dont have any in stock yet because its such a new product and they asked me to call back in 2 weeks...

.........great =( .. guess i will be having a yellow ipad for a few more weeks :mad:

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Mine is still clear, no yellowing. Just paired it with a power support antiglare and it is perfect. Well, maybe not perfect...the camera adapter does not fit thru the opening. I'm planning on taking a hole-punch to it to make it wider.

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Just want to update, mine is yellowing after a few weeks that I placed it aside.

12. jpmfan macrumors member

sorry to bump the thread.

Will be getting my iPad next week and what to have a case ordered for when it arrives. Decided to go with the Grip Vue after all the great things ive heard about it, just wondering on colour.

Is the yellowing of the Belkins pretty much a universal thing or was it a batch issue?

Otherwise im probably going to go with a black case instead, just a shame because it would be nice to still have the silver colour.

13. radiohed macrumors regular

I bought a Belkin Grip Vue clear back in April when I got my iPad. Sure enough, it turned yellow. :eek: I did an RMA on Belkins website and mailed it back to them and they are sending a replacement. I hope the yellowing problem has been fixed. I have to say that Belkin has given me excellent customer service a couple of times when I have had defective products. :D

14. tablo13, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

After about 3 weeks and taking the case off and on 3 times, the case got loose (enough for the lips to move) and just a bit yellow. I can see some yellow on the side lips.

15. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

I've had my Grip Vue clear for about 6 months now and use it daily. It has not lost shape or stiffness and has not turned yellow. Love this case, just wish the iPad dock didn't require me to remove it to charge.