Belkin Grip Vue redesign coming

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by goat5570, Jul 28, 2010.

1. goat5570 macrumors member

I called Belkin about the flash issue when taking photos. I was told they expect a new batch without the flash problem in the first week or two of August. They said people who bought the bad supply can call and get the new one. She mentioned they are trying to get it where you can process it on the website. Just thought I would let others with the same problem know. I like the case and it would be almost perfect without the flash problem.

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have a smoke version, and it's not the same as the clear. The camera hole is about twice as long, and all the buttons are very easy to push. I'm assuming this is the re-design.

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

oh excellent, good to know. thanks! i have the purple.

4. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I called belkin yesterday, they said the new redesigned case will be available in about 2 to 3 weeks. They will gladly exchange your case.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

What?

No denial?

No ignoring customer experience?

No "all the other cases do it" cop-out?

Hmmm ... interesting way to run a company.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Reminds me of Apple. They tend to cost, but they are quick to do what it takes to make the paid customers happy. I always wonder how much of the cost of Apple products is the cost of how easy it is to replace your product by walking into a store instead of making people run around until 90% of them give up. Worth what ever the cost is. :p

7. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Would you mind posting pics of the smoke version? I'd love to see how it looks other than the small pic on their website.

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Not the best photos in the world, but hopefully this helps.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Actually, those were perfect! Thanks for posting. I have the clear version and I think I like your better.

10. andy769 macrumors member

I complained to belkin when the iphone first launched and late last week I received my replacement clear grip vue. The camera flash hole is now much bigger. The buttons are easier to press than the original case but IMO still a bit more difficult to press than they should be. I also noticed the sides are also the same frosty color like the back, hopefully that will stop the yellow discoloring.

Attached Files:

11. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Wow that smoke case looks awesome.
    I may just exchange mine for that one.
    The camera cut out is now HUGE

I was going to wait for the clear, but lets face it, i think with any clear case, it will turn yellow over time. Calling belkin now!

12. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Wow that smoke case looks awesome.
    I may just exchange mine for that one.
    The camera cut out is now HUGE

I was going to wait for the clear, but lets face it, i think with any clear case, it will turn yellow over time. Calling belkin now!

I think once I get this case, the endless case search will end.
    If they fixed the flash issue its a win.

13. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

Hi, I got the black smoke one too, but the camera hole cut is much smaller than the photos above, what's the phone number I should call for my exchange? And Do I have to mail them my old version for exhange? Thank you.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I returned my BGV before I got to my car b/c I put it on just outside the front door. Couldn't press any of the buttons and it just didn't fit right with a screen protector...:mad:

15. pikkashoe macrumors regular

16. caralck macrumors member

Thanks! It went pretty easy with the above number supplied. I do have to send in the case after I receive the replacement. Wonder if I should try to get the permanent marker off...

17. pikkashoe macrumors regular

caralk, what replacement case did you get?
    I just called and asked to have my clear vue switched out for the smoke version and they told me its not even available yet.

Daremo where did you get your smoke case?

18. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Ok I just called Belkin again to inquire further.

They explained to me their vendors get the cases first, so places like amazon and newegg already have them for sale, meaning the new version with the bigger camera cut out.

Belkin will have them available for exchange in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
    Any of you guys with the old style, they will gladly exchange it for you.
    The new one supposedly gets rid of the camera flash issue.

This is what they told me at least. I was trying to exchange my original grip vue clear to the new black pearl version.

Not sure how carlack got a replacement. I wonder if they will send him the new one, or an old one.

19. nowstime macrumors regular

Just called for a replacement...they had the black pearl in stock...I did the advanced replacement plan so I will be sending in my yellowed clear case after receiving the black one...

20. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I just called back again and asked to speak to a supervisor.

He stated he would need to confirm first if the black pearls where the new one model with the bigger cut out or the old ones before he would set up the exchange.
    The supervisor said he would be calling me back before the end of the day.

I have the worse luck when it comes to stuff like this.

21. enigma2k macrumors regular

Is it also possible to contact them by email? And do they need any proof in form of a picture or receipt before sending the replacement?

22. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I tried by email and they told me to call.

As far as I know, as long as you send them back the original you dont need anything else.

But I havent been able to do it yet. Maybe someone else who has had success exchanging can chime in.

23. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Well just got a call back from Belkin
    The supervisor said he cannot release a replacement to me until he can confirm they are the new version with the bigger camera cutout.
    He stated he is waiting for a response from the warehouse.

When you guys called and got the replaced, what did you say, or who did you speak with. I cant believe I am having this much trouble getting this done.

Daremo, where did you get yours, I am just going to order one.

24. caralck macrumors member

I just called the number and chose the option 5 twice. I have the clear one and getting a clear one replaced. I chose to have them send it first then I mail the old one back (need a case to use afterall!). I haven't gotten it yet! Just called today. Nor was I given a timeline. I didn't ask since that wasn't particularly important to me. The current version works fine and I'm not planning on depending on that camera for major photographic projects so the interference isn't a major issue in the interim. They're supposed to send an email with the shipping info later...I'll let you know when that arrives but I imagine that the replacement will arrive around the same time as my free case (2-4 wks). With waiting times like those, I should hope they send me the revision! The man who helped me didn't really seem surprised. Asked for the product number, my address, email address and a credit card (so they can charge me if I don't return the old one; probably smart since the last time I had to get an exchange with belkin, I forgot to return the other product for over a year and they didn't ask for credit card collateral back then...never did send that back and never heard from them about it either)

25. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I purchased mine from eBay. Less then $15 and free shipping, and it was at my door in about 3 days.

eBay link