Belkin Introduces BOOSTUP Wireless Charging Dock With iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and Apple Watch Series 4 Compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Belkin today introduced its BOOSTUP Wireless Charging Dock for wirelessly charging an iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time. There is also a USB-A port for charging a third device like an iPad via Lightning cable.

[​IMG]
    Belkin BOOSTUP Wireless Charging Dock

The dock is compatible with the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, with wireless charging up to 7.5W, and all Apple Watch models at 5W/1A. It also works with the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X. The extra USB-A port also has an output of 5W/1A for wired charging of other devices.

The dock is certified under Apple's Made for iPhone program, compliant with the Qi standard, has the ability to charge through iPhone cases up to 3mm thick, and is compatible with Nightstand mode on the Apple Watch. The dock plugs into a wall outlet with a 45W AC adapter included for instant setup.

[​IMG]

Belkin says the dock will be available in December at Apple Stores worldwide, priced at $159.99 in the United States.

Belkin also plans to introduce an updated PowerHouse Charge Dock for the iPhone and Apple Watch, for customers who prefer to charge their iPhone via Lightning connector. The new dock looks virtually identical to the previous version, but with a red-colored dial to raise and lower the Lightning connector.

[​IMG]
    The new PowerHouse Charge Dock

The new PowerHouse Charge Dock will be compatible with all iPhone models with Lightning connectors, including the latest iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, as well as all Apple Watch models. Belkin says it will be available at select retailers in November, priced at $99.99 in the United States.

The existing Belkin Valet Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone and PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone are not compatible with the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, according to Belkin.

Article Link: Belkin Introduces BOOSTUP Wireless Charging Dock With iPhone XS/XS Max/XR and Apple Watch Series 4 Compatibility

2. kodos macrumors 6502

At this price point and given that Apple Stores are selling them, speaks volumes about AirPower and its release.

3. Sasparilla macrumors 6502a

This looks nice and it stands the phone so you can read and use it...would be great on the desk as well. Nice Belkin.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

5. rom3o macrumors regular

Why does ist come with a 45W power supply, when it charges at a maximum of 7.5W plus 2x5W?

6. Delgibbons macrumors 6502a

Delgibbons

7. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

There’s like a hundred of these on Amazon.

8. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

9. jermwhl macrumors regular

jermwhl

I was ready to buy until I saw the price. Yikes.

10. Will.O.Bie macrumors 6502

Will.O.Bie

I agree. It looks pretty sleek but then I saw the price and was NOT shocked that it's priced that way if you're familiar with Belkin prices, just not enough to validate the purchase.

11. GadgetBen macrumors 6502a

GadgetBen

Clearly if Belkin can make one then Apple can.

12. monoskier macrumors regular

Why would this be the case? Don't they all use Qi?

13. robsp2000 macrumors member

Bestand 2 in 1 for $38 on Amazon. I had this since January and it works great. [​IMG]

14. mpierce1023 macrumors newbie

I just received my PowerHouse two days ago and am picking up my Xs Max from FedEx tonight. I am not happy that they are not compatible.

15. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

It does look great but does it need two plugs or one? How much are these?

Belkin can get in the sea if they think I’m paying £160 for one.

16. dynAdZ macrumors newbie

dynAdZ

Looks neat! But 160? Not going to happen, sorry. I would have bought it for 50 though.

17. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

18. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

If this is $160, just imagine how expensive AirPower is going to be. That is, assuming it's going to happen at all.

19. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Hopefully people speak with their wallets on this one and this thing flops. $160??? What a joke....charging has never and will never be THAT much of a hassle.

20. cwanja macrumors 6502a

21. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

So why are the old charge docks NOT compatible with iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR? This looks rather suspicious.
    • PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone (red dial) $99.99
      • Compatible with iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and all iPhone with Lightning connector models, along with all Apple Watch models
      • Availablility: November 2018 at select retailers
    • Valet™ Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone $129.99
      • Compatible with iPhone 8, 8+, X and earlier generations ONLY
      • Availability: Belkin.com
    • PowerHouse™ Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone $99.99
      • Compatible with iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and previous iPhone with Lightning connector models only
      • Availability: Belkin.com

22. rjp1 macrumors regular

23. Indonorsk macrumors newbie

I just tried charging my iPhone XS Max on the current generation powerhouse that I’ve been using on the X and it sadly doesn’t charge. I don’t know why so would be interesting to hear the reason but frustrating as it means I’ll need to replace it with a more expensive one that comes out in 3 months ... may resort to something else.

24. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

I have the old Powerhouse as well. This does not look good. I’m wondering what Apple changed for MFi standard.

I think this is going to create a lot of confusion if Apple indeed changed something.