Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin today announced the launch of the Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad, a $150 charger that can charge an Apple Watch, iPhone, and AirPods at the same time.

belkin-3-in-1-charger.jpg

Designed for Apple's latest devices, the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad offers a MagSafe charging puck for the iPhone 12 and 13 models, which can charge them at up to 15W (12W for iPhone 12 and 13 mini). It is also able to fast charge the new Apple Watch Series 7 models, and it is the first third-party charger with fast-charging capabilities.

The Apple Watch Series 7 is able to charge up to 33 percent faster with Apple's new fast charge Apple Watch puck, with the watch charging to approximately 80 percent within 45 minutes.

belkin-apple-watch-charger.jpg

Along with the 3-in-1 charging option, Belkin has also introduced the Portable Fast Charger for Apple Watch, which is priced at $60. The Portable Fast Charger for Apple Watch is able to fast charge the Apple Watch Series 7 models, as the name suggests.

Customers can pre-order the 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Pad with MagSafe and the new Apple Watch Fast Charger starting today, but the devices won't ship until December or January.

Article Link: Belkin Launches $150 3-in-1 Charger With Fast Charging for Apple Watch Series 7

Reactions: nutmac and murdoc2k

xizdun

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Looks pretty good. Might get one in the future when it's available directly from Apple with the Family & Friends (EPP) discount.

PowerMacBook

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
if you do not have more than 1 wall socket, yes, go for it.
Otherwise, it's just a waste of money.
AirPods Pro charge in no time anyway.

the future

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Now that the AirPods 3/Pro cases have MagSafe, a 2-in-1 (1 MagSafe, 1 Watch fast charger) would have been better, taking up less space. Apple MagSafe Duo, basically, but updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allen_Wentz

now i see it

macrumors G3
Jan 2, 2002
I’ve been burned by Belkin WEMO wireless AC power products twice - to the point I’d never buy anything from them again.

Reactions: haruhiko

murdoc2k

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
I will probably get this next year when I upgrade to iPhone 14 Pro. I have very limited space on my desk and appreciate being able to place my devices close to the table rather than having it stand up.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Looks nice, but is the material just plastic or is there a soft-touch surface for the watch?
If it's the same material as their first 3-in-1 MagSafe charger (which seems to be the case), the surface for the mat is in rubber, it's a nice feel and should protect the watch (the puck itself is in hard plastic though)

Reactions: bluespark

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Pretty typical price for a good 3-in-1 wireless charger. I wish the iPhone charger was upright and the airpod slot had MagSafe though.
I prefer a charger configured like this, with the phone on its back. The upright chargers seem to be far more common these days. (That said, I find the price a little high – I have a (much) cheaper off-brand model that's working just fine.)

hmark8

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
This is what I've been hoping for, in regards to fast charging both devices, but don't use AirPods so not a fan of getting a device with that. The other issue is the phone lays flat vs a stand up one that makes it easy to line up when half asleep in bed. Also unless this is very heavy (which dont think it is), when you pick up the phone it would probably pick up this whole pieces a bit. That's why companies like groove made have very heavy metal in the bottom.

the cables also seem to be built in, meaning next year if there is a faster version will have to buy a new one of these. I have two belkins now, as each year have to buy a new system. So think this year, I'm going to go the Etsy route that what I'm looking for and supports using Apple's own cables so you can simply swap them out next year if needed.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Pretty typical price for a good 3-in-1 wireless charger. I wish the iPhone charger was upright and the airpod slot had MagSafe though.

I think that's kinda the main issue. They're all too expensive for what they do and honestly to me not that much more convenient and probably worse for the batteries long term health.

Hopefully the costs for these things get better in the future. I don't think I could justify spending more than $100 at most in my currency which is valued less then American $.

bluespark

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
If it's the same material as their first 3-in-1 MagSafe charger (which seems to be the case), the surface for the mat is in rubber, it's a nice feel and should protect the watch (the puck itself is in hard plastic though)
That's great, thanks. I wish the plug attached along the side, as I'd rather have this sit where I can see my watch from the bed, but this otherwise looks very nice.

jaytv111

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Crazy that we’ve had 4 generations of these, there was the 2 in 1 with a USB port, the 3 in 1, the 3 in 1 with MagSafe, and now the 3 in 1 with MagSafe and Watch fast charging. And after each earlier one had stands for the phone, we’re down to no stand, I wonder why. Better for Android phones maybe? Though Magsafe chargers are worse for standard Qi devices than a regular Qi charger. Still as expensive as ever too. I do have the Belkin 2 in 1 with USB port. It’s works as expected. And the USB port actually is pretty useful since so many devices don’t have Qi, like AirPods Max.

ipacers

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Portland, OR
The magsafe puck for the phone looks elevated a little. I wonder if the iPhone 13 Pro with its massive camera bump will lay flat on this charger.

Pro Apple Silicon

Suspended
Oct 1, 2021
Why don’t they update their current 3-in-1 MagSafe design with the fast charging? I find this new design less pretty and more cumbersome
As much as I love the design of their existing MagSafe station, it overheats the AirPods case all the time. I'll take it off the charger to find it white hot.

Reactions: fwmireault

standing

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2021
Berlin
A wireless charger, again? Seriously, how many types of the same type of thing are accessory makers gonna throw onto the market? Is there really a demand for yet another charging thing plus support for the Apple Watch? Really?

• Disagree
Reactions: Sheza
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.