Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belkin this week released new privacy-focused InvisiGlass Ultra screen protectors for the iPhone X and iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.

belkin-privacy-screen-protector-iphone-xs-max.jpg

The screen protectors are designed with two-way mirrored glass that hides the contents of your iPhone screen from onlookers when viewed from the side, but provides full visibility when viewed straight on.

Apple, which began selling the screen protectors this week, says the screen protectors use ion-strengthened glass for improved durability.

The screen protectors are available for $44.95 on Apple.com for each iPhone model. An installation kit and cleaning cloth are included for self application, or Apple Stores can apply the screen protectors when purchased in store.

Keep in mind that many privacy screen protectors are available on Amazon, often at significantly lower prices, although quality varies.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon.

Article Link: Belkin Releases Privacy Screen Protectors for iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR

Imdougurnot

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2017
I’ll stick with Zagg and their free replacement guarantee, thanks. Although, I’m not a fan of Belkin anyway, so maybe I’m biased.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
[Sips coffee] $44.95.

Did I do this right?

It’s high yes.

But it’s also a two way privacy screen, which is nice in itself. And it’s also from Belkin a well known company.

It’s expensive but it’s probably the best quality privacy protector on the market

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
It’s high yes.

But it’s also a two way privacy screen, which is nice in itself. And it’s also from Belkin a well known company.

It’s expensive but it’s probably the best quality privacy protector on the market
Belkin makes some... some decent stuff but I don't think any of their products have ever been considered best on the market. This screen protector isn't worth anywhere near $45 imo. Belkin has a good relationship with Apple so they can charge more because they assume they are "Apple adjacent". They did the same thing with their wireless chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeefCake 15

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I would assume for 45.00 it is the highest quality screen protector ever and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
What a sad state of US capitalism to even have the nerve, the IDEA in your head that you could release these for $44.95 — and they will probably sell a ton at that price, which is extremely unaffordable and must have a markup margin of 8000%. So so sad.

$44.95 and must cost 15 cents to manufacture.

McG2k1

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
Great for the subway, pretty terrible in places like the car. At that price..sheesh, terrible everywhere.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Its not just a screen protector. It doesn’t allow anyone to see what you’re doing from the side. If another product does the same thing for less I’d buy it. For $45 and the store will apply it I’d get it.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Its not just a screen protector. It doesn’t allow anyone to see what you’re doing from the side. If another product does the same thing for less I’d buy it. For $45 and the store will apply it I’d get it.

I've been using privacy screen protectors for almost five years now. None have been as good as iCarez brands.

https://www.amazon.com/iCarez-Coverage-Protector-6-5-Inch-Installation/dp/B07GR4PFPL/

They are four-way privacy screen protectors so you are covered from each angle. Also, they actually work. Other screen protectors I've tried aren't very private.

Look at this comparison between the iCarez and one I bought from Tech Armor

https://i.imgur.com/76y2gdK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f0IOfnB.jpg

The iCarez includes a couple of rubber bands and some stickers that you can use to perform a hinge installation of the protector. They are super easy to install properly.

I can not recommend the iCarez screen protectors enough if you're actually concerned about about keeping your screen private in a public setting.

Reactions: mijail

Scooz

Suspended
Apr 9, 2012
Funny, we praise the displays for
being independent from the viewing-angle and then put that thing on top.

(I had a 3D display phone that could mask the display dynamically back then in 2011, though, which was great, in that respect. Should I mention that it was an Android phone and never got a system update?)

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Funny, we praise the displays for
being independent from the viewing-angle and then put that thing on top.

(I had a 3D display phone that could mask the display dynamically back then in 2011, though, which was great, in that respect. Should I mention that it was an Android phone and never got a system update?)
Yeah, it does suck. I have a friend who has an XS Max and he rocks it naked. At lunch I'm able to see the screen and it is beautiful. Then I realize that I'm able to read everything he's doing on his screen from two seats away. These phones are so huge and clear now that its way too easy to see everything.

So, I've had a bit of a dull screen for a few years but its a trade-off you have to decide if you want to make.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
It’s high yes.

I had their non-privacy one when the X just came out. The quality was worse than what I can get for $15. Not to mention that is just a plastic film which does not even cover the entire screen.
There are way better ones out there for less than half of what this costs.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
It’s high yes.

Lmao not necessarily. It just means that Apple’s customers will buy it regardless so it can be priced high.

Tivoli_

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
This is like dressing up to cover nakedness on the front, but our behinds are completely open for view to companies like Facebook, Google and the like.

Reactions: haruhiko
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.