Benefit to keeping it in the (Apple) family?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vinda-lou, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Vinda-lou macrumors member

My wife and I are recent converts to the Apple family. I picked up a MBA 11 inch, and she picked up a Macbook Pro 13 inch a couple of months ago and we are loving it. I've also had an iPod Touch for a couple of years and can't live without it.

A few weeks ago, my wife got the Verizon iPhone, and I have an Android Incredible that I've had for a year or so. I love the Android - it's great with Google Maps and Navigator, and it's very fast online. The connectedness of my address book and facebook, etc. is great, and I love the camera. But I really don't use any apps on it - I still use my iPod Touch for apps, games, etc.

Long story longer, I'm so jealous of my wife's iPhone, and I feel like I'm missing out on not having it. So my main question is, is there really a benefit to having an iPhone along with my wife's and our MBA and MBP? Would anything really be better? (I'm never one to even think about the Android vs. iPhone or Mac vs PC arguments. I don't care enough.) I'm curious if I am truly missing some cool features, etc. by having the Android instead.

Also, does the iPhone have a good GPS navigator like the Android? We did a speed test on Google Maps, and my Android won easily by finding my location and showing the traffic much faster than the iPhone. Thanks in advance. I hope this all makes sense!

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

You'll be able to FaceTime with your wife if you get an iPhone. By keeping everything in the Apple family, there's no huge benefit but at least with all things Mac in your house, everything will play nicely together.

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

If you have the iPod touch; your not missing out on much by having an Android phone. It's always fun to mix it up a bit.

The tom-tom app for iPhone apparently is quite good. But it's really expensive with the car dock aswell. I just bought a normal Tom Tom, much better value for money.

4. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Everything will work and not break all the time.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's no benefit going all Apple, but you'll probably have a more pleasurable phone experience because of all the apps.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Seamless integration, but get the phone that meets your needs.

7. njaremka macrumors 6502

this is the reason i have all macs, iphones, ipods, and airport wireless.

i used to have a blackberry, and trying to sync it to the macbook pro was never seemless. it would work fine for a week at a time, but then would suddenly not work right, and i would have to reset or restore the phone to get it all to work again... for the next week. i have NEVER had that problem syncing any of our ipods or iphones.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Yes there is. I was a Windows guy for 15 years. Up until October of last year, I switch to a Mac to learn the system and allow me to be a better tech support guy where I work. Well, I fully switched from Windows to Mac several months ago. No regrets and honestly, I love it. I have had every iPhone version since the 3G and would never choose another phone. Everything JUST WORKS! It's the truth. I don't have to fiddle with crap, I don't have to rig it, nada. Plug it in, turn it on, connect it or whatever. It works. Period.

So yes, there is a benefit with going all Apple. Ease of setup, use and reliability. As soon as Apple updates the Apple TV, I will be getting one of those as well. I am even considering some Airport stuff as well.