Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guidonuovo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
visit in iphone or with iphone user-agent:
http://help.benm.at/

After several attempts and a Note from J. Edwards (Thank you), I hope that Tethering with AT&T finally works.

didn't work for me on 3.1.3 3gs att w/spirit. :(

does it work for anybody else?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Yeah, I used that on 3.1.2, but I didn't use BenM. I used the Stealth AT&T 6.0 hack (carrier file AT&T 6.0).

Want to know what's weird? I'm re-jailbroken with PwnageTool and restored with setup as new. My carrier file is AT&T 5.6, the current carrier file. However, I have tethering on 5.6.

Oh, and Stealth and BenM will not work on 3.1.3.

Zell84

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I used that on 3.1.2, but I didn't use BenM. I used the Stealth AT&T 6.0 hack (carrier file AT&T 6.0).

Want to know what's weird? I'm re-jailbroken with PwnageTool and restored with setup as new. My carrier file is AT&T 5.6, the current carrier file. However, I have tethering on 5.6.

Oh, and Stealth and BenM will not work on 3.1.3.

That sucks. Have you tried these links I posted on 3.1.3? I'm still on 3.1.2 and want to make sure all is up and running before the upgrade.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
That sucks. Have you tried these links I posted on 3.1.3? I'm still on 3.1.2 and want to make sure all is up and running before the upgrade.

Ummm, what sucks? :confused:

Yes, I used that process before, however I used the Stealth AT&T 6.0 hack. It's all over MR. Or you can search for my posts with Stealth and you'll get the link, if you so choose to use it.:confused: However, nothing will work for 3.1.3. I'm still on 3.1.2. Bottom line, don't upgrade to 3.1.3 for lots of reasons.

Zell84

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah I'm good stayin' here till 4.0. Only reason I'd upgrade is if some crucial apps stop accepting 3.1.2.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
I've got mywi installed, which also enables native tethering. I haven't tried benm since the 3.0 days, but i'm willing to bet that it probably still doesn't work.

actually benm tethering does works for an iphone 3g (3.1.2), used it for tethering with my PC via USB last night :)

and i do not have mywi installed!

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
SAME, Just wished I actuallly had a data plan to use the tethering. You do have to have a data plan to tether right?:D

cyclone84

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
Works again!

Not for me.

3G with 3.1.3 and Spirit JB. I went to help.benm.at today, downloaded the profile for at&t in the US, rebooted, and the tethering option isn't showing up under settings>network.

Any advice?

Zell84

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2009
Just tried this on my 3Gs after upgrading to 3.1.3 and using Spirit to JB. No luck here. I'm gonna try to ssh it later tonight using the two links I posted earlier.

midniter

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Tried to go to site http://help.benm.at
But it directs to some other nonsense site ...

Anyway ..... Bluetooth tethering is working for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.