BenQ E2200HD LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diglam, Jul 15, 2009.

1. diglam macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new BENQ LCD monitor. The CD-ROM that it came with contain drivers that are for Windows XP or Vista operating systems. They all contain .exe files.

I have a 15" MBPro, do I need to find a specific BENQ E2200HD driver to display my BENQ LCD monitor or does my MBPro already have a generic video driver that will work?

I was looking on the web for a BENQ E2200HD driver that will install on OS X but so far I have been unsuccessful in locating one. Does anyone know where I can find a Apple-friendly-driver that can install on my MBPro?

My BENQ can take the following video inputs: VGA, DV-I, and HDMI. I have a HDMI cable and a DV-I adapter that can be plugged directly into the BENQ monitor. However I am afraid to attempt plugging in these cables without first installing the BENQ driver. Am I being over-cautious?

I would appreciate any feedback and technical advice.

Thanks,
    diglam

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Nope. Just hook it up and you should be good to go. My acer came with CD drivers for XP and works flawlessly on my Mini & MacBook.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Macs don't need all those drivers. They just (literally and no pun intended) work.

Just hook up and watch the monitor come to life.

4. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I have a BenQ and it works just the way it should. BTW, I LOVE it. Mine is the 24"hd...
    ;)

5. diglam thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for Responding to me ...

Yo' Krafty

i appreciate your :cool: quick response... thanks for confirming

btw, i like your giraffe costume...

6. diglam thread starter macrumors newbie

i appreciate your feedback

jav6454

Thank you for the confirmation...now i can rest easy that i won't zap and bust my monitor

I am :) grateful for your response

:apple:

7. diglam thread starter macrumors newbie

it's good

surflordca

it's good to hear from someone who is using the same brand of LCD ....wow I was looking at buying a 24"HD but i did not have the $$

btw, do u know if HDMI outputs better or DV-I outputs better on the BENQ? Can u suggest which cable I should use to maximize the quality of viewing on my BENQ?

Thank u kindly for your feedback

8. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Well I use the DVI cable mainly because I never had a HDMI cable to try. I like the output so much and am happy with it that I never gave a different output a second thought...

9. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Word :cool:

10. diglam thread starter macrumors newbie

My BENQ is alive and running well...Thank u everyone!

Just like to let you know. I have my BENQ up and running. Everyone's response to my posting was correct,...I did not need to install any additional drivers to make it work on my MBPro laptop. I am using a HDMI cable.

I like the way I can turn on mirroring and off as I need it to perform my Photoshop editing. I briefly got confused with using 'spaces' in conjunction with displaying applications on my BENQ (in non-mirroring mode)

Thank you Krafty, surflordca, and jav6454 for your valuable input and encouragement. Your advice helped me get on track quickly and I appreciated that. MacRumours Forum is a fantastic community!

:apple:Newbie,
    diglam

11. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Yes it is. And an HDMI cable should give you the best picture.

12. diglam thread starter macrumors newbie

HDMI cable should give you the best picture

Thank you for the technical confirmation touchdownjesus4 about the use of a HDMI cable.

How is your Unibody Macbook working out for you?

13. OLNO100 macrumors newbie

I got the Benq E2200Hd monitor and i got my first mac today. Its a macbook air 13" low end 2011. I want to connect the air to my monitor but all i got is a blurry low resolution picture on my monitor. Can't fix it :( even if a put the resolution on 1920 x 1080 its still very blurry. It works perfect with my windows computer and there the picture is really good. Please help i am starting to get really disappointing on my first mac :(

Best regards from Sweden.