Bent my 6 Plus today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enabledobject, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enabledobject, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014

Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

Yeah, I know. Another bend thread. After today, I feel there should be a consolidated thread for people with this issue.
    It was my fault, but damn... I sometimes carry my phone in my back pocket when I'm walking. I had a lapse, and sat down for like 1.5 seconds and that's all it took. It didn't bend in half at the volume buttons like we've all seen, but it did twist very noticeably. I was left mouth hanging open. I quickly twisted it back into shape by hand to where it looks pretty much perfect.
    I can see now that this phone does bend quite easily. I'm usually very careful with my phones, but we can't all be perfect all the time. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed.
    I have the Apple silicone case right now, but will be getting a more stout one when the lifeproof or otterbox become available.
    Be careful.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Get a seidio surfarce when they fix the design. Durability without the crazy bulk

4. Enabledobject, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Enabledobject thread starter macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

5. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

Post up a picture.

6. Enabledobject, Oct 4, 2014

Enabledobject

7. N e e k macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of people with that issue. In fact, almost no-one has this issue.

Wow, a 7.9mm thick piece of aluminum bends when a 100+pound male sits on it? I didn't know that.

8. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

Yep...because you could be a troll. So, post a picture or it didn't happen.:)

9. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Or you could have, you know, used a camera?

10. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

It was twisted and you bent it back into shape and now it looks perfect?

That's a new one.

11. Delmar macrumors 6502

Common sense isn't very common anymore.

12. Enabledobject thread starter macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

13. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Yep, this sounds a little fishy, if it was truly bent in the first place, its virtually impossible to bend it back and make it perfect again, you will be able to bend it back but it wont be perfect, there will still be a mark

14. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

Bent my 6 Plus today

Use a mirror to take a pic!

Why anyone would want to sit on their iPhone I don't understand! If it doesn't bend, the screen could crack! Would you sit on your iPad?

15. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

I'll post mine! :D

Attached Files:

16. Enabledobject, Oct 4, 2014

Enabledobject

Oh you know, it's a favorite past time of mine.

----------

I feel you man. I got lucky on mine, it just twisted and I was able to twist it back. I don't really care if anyone believes it or not. I'm certain time will produce more evidence. I was sure I would never bend mine cause I'm just too careful, until today.

17. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

That's what mine did as well– twisted. This issue WILL continue to come up. It's not due to a defect, but a design flaw (IMO). On reddit, I've a few different people that were just as skeptical about other people's iPhones bending until their's succumbed too. I'm pretty sure they don't like the taste of crow. :p

18. circa7 macrumors regular

Best part about this whole thing, is that most people who pre-orderd the 6+ (including myself) haven't even gotten their phones yet. In a few months we will know if this bending issue is a real problem or not. Ill say right now, Ill be pissed off if my phone bends. I dont give a **** if its a "portable computer" and should be handled like a ****ing feather. Thats bull. Portable devices, by their very nature as in their name, should be able to withstand the daily use of being portable. That's the point. A mobile computing device that you can use if you're sitting at your desk, or at the top of a mountain on a grueling hike.

19. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

Otterbox Defender. Remove the screen protector (unnecessary and useless). Your device will become as tough as nails.

20. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

I'm beyond curious....

Everyone who posts these threads should truthfully say "I put it in my back pocket and sat down" or "I put them in my tight hipster jeans and danced the frug with some hot babe in a contorted position."

Be honest. I've had the thing for a week (6+), kept them in my pants pockets most of the time and no bends.

But I don't do crazy acrobatics either.

21. bugelrex macrumors regular

Its just a matter of time before some well known blogger or personality bends their phone while in pocket/purse. It will be at this point, Apple will address the issue openly.

22. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

Bending your iPhone doing stupid things is no different to dropping it to see how the screen survived. I dropped my last iPhone in the bay and it stayed on for 30 secs, before dying! I didn't start a YouTube video complaining it wasn't waterproof, just claimed it on insurance.

23. munakib macrumors 6502

I don't think anyone previously used to keep their phones underwater before using them, on the other hand I do see many people who keep the phones in their pockets and not just with two hands as if holding the holy grail. Dumb apologists.

24. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

I'm just amazed people would even put any phone in a back pocket let alone an iPhone 6.

25. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Yes, OP.

Just use a friend's (or literally ANYONE around you, sibling, parent, cousin, etc...) phone to take a pic. Then text it to yourself and post the pic.

Is it that hard?

It's not 2003. Don't need to have a digital camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.