Best app to monitor cellular usage

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eq2675, Apr 3, 2012.

1. eq2675 macrumors regular

So I upgraded from the 250 mb plan to the 3 gb plan after buying my 3rd gen iPad. I just have to get a handle on how much data I use

I can report that DataUsagePro has been spot on for the last week. The one item I dislike about the program is that it resets the counter every month, instead of every 30 days like my AT&T plan does.

Any suggestion on a better monitor program?

I would also like to report that if I place the iPad in the truck away from my free WiFi network, I seem to use about 1 mb a day, even if I just leave it behind the seat or 8 hours. Guess this is just normal communications where the iPad is checking email, gps location, etc..

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Why not just use the cellular usage counter in settings>general>usage>cellular usage? You can reset it when you want.

3. eq2675 thread starter macrumors regular

DataUsagePro has a live icon that you can configure with percent used, percent left, or project percent that will be used. I even have it as one if the 6 icons on the dock.

DataUsagePro also let's you see daily usage history, so you will see just how much data is used when running speedtest.net on a 50 mb LTE network ;-

4. cfairbank macrumors 6502

2nd!

5. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i don't like the idea of having to pay even more money just to know how much data i used.

6. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

3rd! Good app.

7. SCAR504 macrumors newbie