Best Apple Watch review (so far)?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cnev3, Apr 12, 2015.

1. cnev3 macrumors 6502

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

"The watch is supposed to be a fashion item as well. Is it actually cool?"

[​IMG]

3. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i personally didn't like his review much. Seemed pretty annoying. He doesn't seem like the much physical fitness type and didn't go over things i care about. Just complains

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I agree. He doesn't look like the fitness type either. I agree the watch may be buggy but maybe Apple should've waited until after the release to let them review the Apple Watch.

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

The Good, the bad and the ugly. A review from The Verge is usually laced with Apple-centric niceties and unapoligetic praise. To actually see some criticism from that website is amazing.

But just to ensure they never get banned from a future Apple event, this nugget starts off the summary:
    Most capable? Just a few pages earlier he was talking about sluggish UI, apps not loading, and so forth... A disjointed editorial if I ever saw one. Almost like it was written by more than one person and then pieced together.

6. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

The Verge hasn't been taken seriously in a long time. I can't remember the last time I looked at it.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I didn't get the fact that why the people that reviews the :apple: watch don't even look fit at all. Selling point of the :apple: watch is fitness or just fashion item?

8. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

obviously this guys sense of fashion is trends.

9. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

Well, as the name suggest it is a Watch and not fitness band... ;)
    Also majority of pre release adds were placed in fashion magazines.

10. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

I quite enjoyed this..

http://www.wsj.com/video/apple-watch-what-living-with-it-is-really-like/13DDE53D-4DF3-4EDD-A519-4B2E3CA4F11B.html

11. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

As discussed in another thread, the verge reviewer seemed to be more concerned about the necessity of a smart watch itself.

The smart watch obviously doesn't suit his needs or lifestyle (e.g. the whole role play scenario showing how notifications are annoying, and debating whether we need to be so connected to social media).

He does make a few good points but overall It felt a bit like asking a soccer mom to review a sportscar and debating whether it's truly necessary.

12. slenpree macrumors 6502a

slenpree

I thought the verge raised some important negatives like how annoying all those notifications can be and how you will end up ignoring people on your wrist and in real life at the same time. I didnt think the review was bias in any way but they just spent a bit too much time on the negatives and didn't highlight how in the long run smart watches will change people's lives and make life a bit easier when used in the correct way.

13. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

The 'Fashion experts' they ask for input from are just clueless.

They just whittle on without commiting either way, because they are afraid to say, "I don't know Nilay, I don't know if it's going to be a success."

"I think if enough people buy it, the fashion world will find a way to love it."

What does that even mean?

Maybe it's because I've grown up in a working class town in Northern England, but they just strike me as idiots in New York with made up jobs.

14. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Haha. This is so true. They basically said it will be a hit if... It's a hit.

15. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

The Verge was my favorite tech blog when Joshua Topolsky was running it. This unbelievably stupid segment made me wonder if they are falling to ****. Who are those people? What gives them the right to decide if this is good fashion or not? Why is that relevant to a Verge review?
    So pointless that it actually frustrated me.

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It reeks of desperation. Like they're trying too hard.

17. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

18. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

19. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

Lousy review by a bunch of alternative types.

20. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I don't take big website reviews seriously anymore, I usually wait until the tech YouTubers get their hands on the devices, I.E. MKBHD, Austin Evans, TLD Today, and DetroitBorg.

21. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. I've heard this guy Patel before. He comes across as a pompous you-know-what. I trust my cat's opinion more than his.

22. boobie12 macrumors 6502

23. James Manesh macrumors member

Great in presentation but a terrible review.

I recommend checking this out and realize the BS in a lot of these reviews used to generate hits:

http://www.mondaynote.com/2015/04/12/an-apple-watch-meta-review-reimagined/

24. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502