Best Bag for highschool

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tsmacman, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tsmacman macrumors member

Im going to be a freshman in high school next year and the school im at requires a laptop, so im gonna use my 2011 mbp 13" , and i need help finding a bag that would be suitable for both my laptop, my adapters and cords as well as all of my books for highschool i dont want to spend more than like 120.

Thanks in advance,

Tristin

2. Brammy macrumors 65816

There's two I have that are good. The Ogio Mastermind, which has a large pocket you can store up to a couple changes of clothes, and the Swiss Gear bags you see in every Staples. My only cheif complaint with the Swiss Gear is the straps are a tad small for my tastes, but I'm a fairly large guy.

For messenger bags, the Timbuk2 series is good, but you'd be hard pressed to store a lot books in their Commuter Series.

3. rex450se macrumors regular

Here is the one I use from Speck. It is the CorePack Fly model. It unfolds for going through airport security so you don't have to remove your laptop. I picked it up fro MicroCenter for around $70 and I love it. It has a dedicated laptop area that is padded well. Plenty of room in the front for an iPad and more. When I go out with mine It holds my MacBook Pro, iPad, Magic Mouse, iPad and MacBook Pro chargers, a couple mini Display adapters, Apple wireless keyboard, headphones, iPod, a few magazines and anything else I need.

http://www.speckproducts.com/laptop-bags/corepack-laptop-bag-black.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

Victor

4. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

Was looking for a traditional over the shoulder backpack, not a messenger bag....anyone else have any ideas?

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

not really a bag suggestion, but a suggestion nevertheless. get a pad lock, kids at high school will steal your laptop, esp with you being a freshman.

6. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

A PadLock????...where would u get that for a computer

And I go to a really small school, where a laptop is required for highschool and i know everyone in my grade and the only other grade is 10th, as we are adding a grade each year so im not to concerned with that

However on that same topic does anyone have any suggestions for other things that i should get for my Pro for school

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

just saying.

i meant like a pad lock for a locker if it didn't have a lock. when i was in school the gym lockers didn't lock unless a student had their own padlock and those who didn't lock their stuff up lost it. plus most of the actual, non-gym lockers just kicked open so it helped to have your own.

8. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

We are not allowed to have locks on our lockers at school....as we are under the honor code...i know its stupid but i cant so anything about it.

9. randomrazr macrumors 65816

incase canvas coated backpack

made a vid on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJUkXcun4Q

subscrib if you like :)

they have a newer version out there.

there nylon version is cheaper

yeah backpacks made specifically for macbooks are a tad pricy LOL

10. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

Ok ill take a look at that one....anyone else?

11. satchow macrumors 6502

You gotta get a backpack IMO. Books + Laptop + Accessories in a messenger bag is going to be really awful if you have to walk around a lot, which you do since it's school. Get a backpack like the above poster.

I travel a lot and had a really nice Kenneth Cole laptop bag, but it became too much walking around an airport with it so I got a Samonsite backpack instead and it's so much better on your shoulders and back.

I have something similar to this: http://is.gd/sUCGKQ

12. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I bought myself a Bum Back Pack and love it, but it might not be big enough for all of your books.

You could consider a sleeve for your laptop and a regular backpack to hold it and your books.

Archlord, the OP's school requires him to have a laptop, so it's probably a private school. They'll be comparing computer price tags like we compare our time for shot-gunning beer or how many classes we skipped our senior year.

13. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I use the North Face Surge. Lifetime warranty and great durability. Has a padded back and stowable straps in case the backpack gets too heavy. It also has a dedicated laptop compartment and a bumper on the bottom so if you drop the bag by accident, the bumper is raises the compartment higher so it won't hit the ground. ($115)

http://www.ebags.com/product/the-north-face/surge/152265

Incase Nylon Bag. My brother uses this and he is in HS. He is also required to have a laptop so he has a macbook and all the cords and his books in it. ($100)

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-backpack-cl55342/4

14. BoBoMaster13 macrumors newbie

15. kpm1301 macrumors newbie

16. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Oldschool JanSport Superbreak, the one with the one pocket and one big compartment; get a neoprene sleeve for your laptop. Should be like $30 for the backpack, and anywhere from $20-$50 for the sleeve.

When I see someone with some goofy big backpack or one with all kinds of "features," I prejudge you as being a weirdo, and only a small step up from having a wheeled backpack, and you really don't want to be a roll-y backpack kid. I guess thats not "right" for me to do, but that's life; you make your first impression long before you say your first word.

I'm in college and still keep mine in my trunk incase there's a day I have too many classes together that I can't fit my books in my Coach messenger bag.

17. randomrazr macrumors 65816

+1 for th e incase lol

18. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I love the Hurley bags. They have them on apple.com and in the Apple Stores. No matter what kind of backpack you ultimately end up with, I would still get a sleeve. I keep my MBP in an Incase sleeve, then I can throw it in my backpack (which is just a generic Nike backpack, nothing fancy but it's a pack that goes on my back and will carry my computer plus a whole lot of books and other junk) or any other bag I want to use, or I can just pick up the sleeve and go if I'm just running to Barnes & Noble or the library and want to take my computer but don't need a big bulky bag to carry around.

On another note, I see that you're in NC. I think you might be about the first North Carolinian I've seen on this board, was starting to think our lack of Apple Stores meant a lack of Apple users! I'm in Asheville, over an hour from the closest store and that one is in Greenville, SC. If you're lucky, you live in Greensboro, Charlotte, or Raleigh/Durham so you have a store nearby. Good luck in high school!

19. mmduluth macrumors regular

Ahh the old JanSport Superbreak. The only bag I ever carried through high school and now into college. Holds my books in the big pocket and my pens and gum in the other front pocket.

20. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

+1

I 100% agree that these are the best laptop bags right now and I have owned most of the other brands mentioned (Tumbuk2/Incase/Ogio/etc)

I went with The Mamba Shift (http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back...ckpacks-macbook-backpacks/Mamba-shift-M-denim) and I have not been disappointed in the least.

21. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

"gum"...yeah, that's it, "gum."

the front pocket is the perfect size to put a few sandwich bags full of sandwiches.

22. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

Thats hilarious deadwulfe.....hahah private school jokes...they never get old, however its not a private school, its a charter school, free public education, an alternative choice the crappy school system where i live...that you get into on a lottery basis or if u have a parent who works at the school, they just happen to require laptops...and help out the kids who cannot afford them....although being on a mac forums i suspect you also have a mac so you have no business talking about computer price tags.... just my two sense

23. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

24. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

Ya up until recetly not many mac users in my town but i have convinced almost half of my grade of 100 kids to get a mac as their first computer, and Although i live in charlotte the closest store is in southpark mall which is 1 hour away....

25. tsmacman thread starter macrumors member

How do you guys like the north face surge, i have been looking a lot and that seems to be the best one to suit my needs, but does anyone have it, can i fit all of my books in it?