Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Quick question: What is it with North Americans and beer in cans?

I saw so many beer in cans while I was there, cans were more expensive than bottles. Beer from a can tastes like arse, it needs to be drunk from:

- a glass
- a bottle
- a keg tap
- a tube attached to a funnel held aloft by some means (we had a 30 foot long beer bong at Uni).

Not a can, cans are gross, they make the beer taste all metallic.

Lately I've developed a bit of a taste for James Squire's Amber Ale and Porter.

emmawu

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
Wauwatosa, WI
If you're in Milwaukee try Sprecher's. i especially like Special Amber although they are all great. Try the brewery tour, however, you'll need a designated driver :cool:

PS It's great at Summerfest!

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
Another vote for Black Sheep, also Theakstons, Timothy Taylors, Pedigree (all UK)

On a hot day a Carlton Crown Lager (Aussie).

Black&Tan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2004
Cinch said:
IM903001.gif

I hate to one-up you, but I can do worse. Old Milwaukee LIGHT, in a plastic cup.

Why is it that beer tastes even worse in a plastic cup????

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
iGav said:
Strongbow, not a beer I know. ;)

Strongbow is awesome. Though its harder to find here. I loved it last summer going to an off license and getting a 2 litter bottle of the stuff. Another good non-beer drink going into summer would be Pimms.

Chundles said:
Quick question: What is it with North Americans and beer in cans?

I saw so many beer in cans while I was there, cans were more expensive than bottles. Beer from a can tastes like arse, it needs to be drunk from:

- a glass
- a bottle
- a keg tap
- a tube attached to a funnel held aloft by some means (we had a 30 foot long beer bong at Uni).

Not a can, cans are gross, they make the beer taste all metallic.

If it wasn't in cans what would big drunk guys smash against their heads?

and Kudos on the Beer Bong thats impressive

Jaffa Cake said:
Directors is currently one of the guest ales down at one of our local taverns. Had a pint of it a little earlier this evening, and very pleasant it was too.

Plus, as a bonus, our other local still has Deuchars IPA on as a guest.

Lucky!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.